
Bhubaneswar, Jan 13 (IANS) A Special Investigation Team (SIT) of the CBI Tuesday searched 14 places in Odisha in connection with the chit fund scam, officials said.
The searches were conducted in four districts -- Balasore, Ganjam, Sambalpur and in Bhubaneswar in Khurdha district -- in connection with Safex Infra India Private Ltd., said sources in the Central Bureau of Investigation.
The teams raided the head office and branch offices of the chit fund company.
"The residences of accused directors of the company -- Firoj Khan, Purna Chandra Biswal, Chinmaya Subudhi, Amanullah Khan, Santosh Nanda -- and other people were searched. Incriminating documents were found during the search," a CBI spokesperson later confirmed in New Delhi.
The Economic Offence Wing (EOW) of the Odisha Crime Branch, which was probing the chit fund scam, earlier arrested eight officers of Safex Infra and took control of 12 acres of land of the firm.
It also seized a bank account of Rs.5 lakh last year.
The SIT is probing the scam following a Supreme Court order.
Union Home Minister will be on the Tripura tour today. There he will flag off BJP's Rath Yatra at
The Nobel Peace Prizes for 2021 have been announced. This time the Nobel Committee has chosen two
Advanced Radar to Accompany Brahmos, Tanks in R-Day Parade
New Delhi, Jan 23 (IANS) An indigenous radar system with capability of 3-dimensional tracking w
OnePlus 9 5G became cheaper, smartphone price cut by Rs 7000, now buy at this price
OnePlus 9 5G Features: The premium smartphone OnePlus 9 5G, which came last year from handset mak
SC not for Liquor Vends on Highways
New Delhi, Jan 12 (IANS) The Supreme Court Monday asked all the stake-holders to sit and decide
Due to heavy rains, India's financial capital Mumbai came to a standstill on Saturday. It has bee
The dispute between Nawab Malik and former Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis is increa
Bharat Jodo Nyay Yatra, being taken out under the leadership of Rahul Gandhi, has moved forward f
Attack in Tunisia senseless: Pranab Mukherjee
New Delhi, March 19 (IANS) President Pranab Mukherjee on Thursday "strongly condemned" the "sen
T20 World Cup with new rules: India-Pakistan will clash a day before Diwali
The Mahakumbh of the shortest format of cricket i.e. T20 World Cup is going to start on 16 Octobe