
The West Bengal Junior Doctors Front on Wednesday alleged that the state government has withdrawn the permission granted earlier to hold a conference on September 27. Also, the government has created hurdles in booking other auditoriums. However, the doctors have issued a statement saying that this will backfire, as we will not stay away from the path of agitation for justice. He said that we will go ahead with our conference at SSKM auditorium on the scheduled date 27 September at 4 pm to decide on the future roadmap.
Let us tell you that the doctors wanted to hold a conference to discuss the upcoming outline of the movement to get justice for the rape-murder victim at RG Kar Hospital.
The agitating doctors had withdrawn their 11-day dharna in front of the state health department headquarters Swasthya Bhawan last week and after talks with the state government, they partially joined emergency and essential services in state-run hospitals. However, after a meeting with representatives of 26 government and private medical colleges on Wednesday, the doctors alleged that false cases were lodged against those who supported their agitation.
"Even after we had expressed our intention to end the impasse, the administration is adopting a vindictive attitude. More than a month has passed but there is not much evidence that the investigation into the rape and murder of our colleague's sister is proceeding at the desired pace," said doctor Aniket Mahato.
Alleging that the state has withdrawn its permission for the conference in a government auditorium, the doctors in a statement alleged that the government has created hurdles in booking other auditoriums.
It may be noted that a trainee woman doctor was raped and murdered at RG Kar Hospital on the intervening night of August 8-9, following which doctors and people staged massive protests.
Bollywood's King Khan, Shah Rukh Khan, is often known for his funny style and wit. Something simi
The excitement of the Women's T20 World Cup is ready to reach its peak. It remains to be seen whe
The Indian Union Muslim League has expressed dissatisfaction over the absence of Wayanad MP and C
After the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) released the admit cards for private studen
The Telegram connection to the Delhi blasts: 2 million rupees in cash and the Jaish-e-Mohammed connection, how the messaging app became a hub for terrorists.
The Central Government has declared the Delhi Red Fort Metro parking lot blast a terrorist attack.
Ahead of the 2026 IPL season, Australian fast bowlers have created a predicament. Chennai Super K
A storm has erupted in the world of cricket that could potentially change the landscape of the sp
The Congress party has announced the names of six candidates for the Rajya Sabha elections in fiv
After the lock of the temple which was closed for the last 46 years in the Muslim-dominated area
There was a ruckus on the fifth day of the Jammu and Kashmir Assembly i.e. today (8 November). Th