SC asked the Center - what did they do to save protesting farmers from Covid-19?


Posted on 7th Jan 2021 03:38 pm by rohit kumar

The Supreme Court on Thursday questioned the central government as to what guidelines have been implemented to ensure that the protesting farmers on Delhi's borders do not spread corona. The Supreme Court asked this to the Center during the hearing of a petition filed for mobilization in Nizamuddin Markaz, Delhi in March last year. The Supreme Court of the country expressed concern that now similar situations should not arise in the crowded peasants on the borders of Delhi. The Supreme Court on Thursday questioned the central government, what steps have been taken to protect the protesting farmers from Corona? The Supreme Court has given the Center two weeks to respond to this.

 

Despite the Corona-related rules coming into force in March last year, a corona explosion-like situation arose following the gathering of people during the Tablighi Markaz in Nizamuddin, Delhi. Hundreds of people were found to be Corona positive and investigations into the case are still on.

 

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.

A three-judge bench asked Solicitor General Tushar Mehta, "A similar problem can also arise during farmers' protests." We do not know if farmers are being saved from Corona. What guidelines have you issued to prevent corona from spreading? Have you learned anything from the Jamaat experience? Do you know how this happened? '

 

Tushar Mehta, on behalf of the government, told the court that investigation into the Jamaat case is still going on. He asked for two weeks to refer to the Corona Guidelines for the gathering of large numbers of people.

 

The Supreme Court bench raised this question during a PIL filed by J&K advocate Supriya Pandita seeking a CBI probe into the Jamaat case.

 

The petition has sought to issue guidelines to prevent further cases like Jamaat so that it does not harm the health of the general public. Pandita's lawyer OP Parihar said on the Jamaat case that its chief Maulana Saad has not been arrested yet. On this, the Supreme Court bench said that we are not interested in any one man. Our interest is in issuing guidelines regarding Covid and implementing them.

 

Thousands of people were found in Delhi's Nizamuddin Markaz after the nationwide lockdown caused by Corona last year. Around 2000 people from all over India and abroad gathered on Markaj, who had left from there and hid in different districts of the country.

2 Like 0 Dislike
Previous news Next news
Other news

Maharashtra Talathi Recruitment 2023: Recruitment on 4644 posts Talathi started, know where and how to apply

Maharashtra Talathi Recruitment 2023: The online application process for recruitment to Talathi p

UN Praises India: Import of commercial wheat from India is the main supply line for Yemen: UN

The deputy relief chief of the United Nations has said that commercial wheat imported from India

Bangladesh all out for 227 runs in the first innings: Umesh-Ashwin 4-4 wickets, Team India scored 19 runs without losing wickets

Bangladesh's first innings have been reduced to 227 runs in the second Test against India. In res

Birthday of the world's third richest actor SRK: Shahrukh's mother, Magistrate Fatima, who was close to Indira Gandhi, and father used to sell tea

In a show in 2014, Anupam Kher asked Shahrukh Khan do you ever bother thinking that who will have

Delhi Liquor Scam: A case will be filed against Kejriwal and Sisodia in a money laundering case, ED gets approval from the Home Ministry

Amid the Delhi Assembly elections, the troubles of Aam Aadmi Party convener Arvind Kejriwal and f

IPL 2025: BCCI's tension increases due to a problem regarding an IPL match; schedule may be changed

Only three days are left in IPL 2025. On March 22, the first match will be played between KKR and

What did the Taliban say on Narendra Modi's statement of 'power of terror'?

The Taliban, which took control of Afghanistan, has strongly objected to the statement of the Pri

Microsoft's big takeover: Microsoft will buy CandyCrush game maker for Rs 5 lakh crore, will become the third-largest gaming company

Microsoft has decided to buy 'CandyCrush' video game maker Activision Blizzard for $ 68.7 billion

Coronavirus Updates: Decline in Covid cases, 2539 people died of corona in 24 hours, 60 died

A day later, there has been a decline in the cases of Coronavirus in the country. The Ministry of

Kashmir: Ganai, the terrorist who killed the UP workers in the grenade attack, was killed in the firing of his comrades.

Terrorist Imran Bashir Ganai, arrested for attacking workers of Kannauj Uttar Pradesh in Harman S

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash