
The deaths due to the consumption of illegal country liquor in the Kallakurichi district of Tamil Nadu have created a stir. So far 47 people have died in this case. The condition of 30 of the people who fell ill is still critical. After the incident, there is anger among the local people, as well as uproar in the political corridors. AIADMK workers demonstrated this issue inside and outside the Tamil Nadu Legislative Assembly in Chennai. The police had to work hard to remove the protesting MLAs.
CM Stalin informed the House on this issue. He said that the Tamil Nadu government has taken immediate action. Even after this, AIADMK members are doing the same drama. They are violating the rules of the Assembly. Earlier, CM Stalin had announced financial assistance of Rs 10 lakh each to the families of the deceased and Rs 50,000 each to those undergoing treatment. A one-member commission headed by former judge Justice B Gokuldas was constituted to investigate the matter. Its report will be submitted within 3 months.
Protest inside and outside the assembly
Given the protest, heavy police force is deployed in the assembly premises. Leader of Opposition in the Assembly Edappadi K Palaniswami also held a press conference on this matter. He demanded the resignation of Chief Minister MK Stalin.
Earlier in the Tamil Nadu Assembly on Friday, AIADMK demanded to raise several issues including the liquor scandal during the question hour. They created a ruckus. After this, AIADMK members were expelled from the House for the whole day. However, after some time, after the appeal of Chief Minister MK Stalin, the Speaker of the Assembly withdrew the decision.
What steps have been taken so far
The government said that 49-year-old illegal liquor seller K. Kannu Kutty has been arrested in this case. Investigation of about 200 liters of illegal liquor seized from him revealed that deadly 'methanol' was present in it. The accused arrested in the case have been sent to 15-day judicial custody. AIADMK advocates have filed a petition in the Madras High Court on the Kallakurichi issue. Chief Minister Stalin has ordered a CB-CID investigation into the incident. The government transferred Kallakurichi District Collector Shravan Kumar Jathavath after the incident, while Superintendent of Police Samay Singh Meena has been suspended. Nine other policemen have also been suspended, including those from the prohibition branch of Kallakurichi district.
Many celebrities come to promote their film or show in the Weekend Ka Vaar of the controversial s
For the first time in the history of the Delhi Assembly, two women have occupied the top position
The house of Dr. Umar Un Nabi, the terrorist who carried out the Red Fort blast, has been demolis
The court is to hear the case on Friday on the claim of a temple in Rajasthan's Ajmer Dargah. Vis
Amid the holy month of Ramadan, US President Donald Trump hosted the first Iftar Party at the Whi
The heat of politics of opposition parties, which started after Home Minister Amit Shah's stateme
The report of the German newspaper Frankfurter Allgemeine has created a stir in the US-India rela
These days, a special style is seen everywhere in the trailer release programs of films in Mumbai
After Chandigarh, now a pub in Cyber City Gurugram has been attacked. A Human Pub in Sector
For the last 20 days, a new wave of corona has been seen in India. The number of infection cases