Warner said - the middle-order batted better; Smith said - not giving Joffra Archer a third consecutive over is a big mistake


Posted on 23rd Oct 2020 04:43 pm by rohit kumar

Sunrisers Hyderabad defeated Rajasthan Royals by 8 wickets on Thursday night in IPL-13. After the win, Hyderabad captain David Warner was pleased with the middle order batsmen. He said - Our middle-order batsmen batted better. So far the failing middle-order batsmen showed that we also have middle order. Our middle-order batsmen were criticized. Before this match, our middle order wickets used to fall quickly. He came forward and batted better. I am happy with them.

 

The match saw a 140-run partnership for the third wicket between Manish Pandey and Vijay Shankar. Pandey scored 83 off 47 balls. While Shankar scored 52 off 51 balls. Manish Pandey was also adjudged Man of the Match.

 

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.

Jason good allrounder

 

Warner further said - Bowling has been strengthened by the play of Jason Holder. His height and experience gave us strength. We could not see him batting. He is a better all-rounder. Holder played his first match of the season. He took 3 wickets for 33 runs in 4 overs.

 

Warner said - we had a good start. We can go to the power play. Our two players are reaping the fruits of their hard work.

 

Archer took one wicket in his opening two overs.

 

Rajasthan Royals captain Steve Smith admitted that it was his fault for not giving him the third consecutive over after bowling to Joffra Archer. Jofra Archer took the wicket of Hyderabad captain Warner in the first over itself. He then took the wicket of John Bairstow in his next over. Smith bowled Archer in the 12th over after him. By then, Vijay Shankar and Manish Pandey had shared a better partnership to take Rajasthan closer to victory.

 

Smith said - good start but could not continue

 

Smith said, "I think we had a good start. Joffra did a good job with two wickets, but we couldn't keep it up. The wicket was good. There was some dew. Archer's third over was on my mind. I had discussed it too. I think Archer should have gone for a third consecutive over. "

1 Like 0 Dislike
Previous news Next news
Other news

India Legends vs Australia Legends 1st Semifinal: Sachin Tendulkar's India Legends made it to the final, beat AUS by 5 wickets in the semi-final

India Legends beat Australia Legends by 5 wickets in the first semifinal of Road Safety World Ser

MS Dhoni showered his love for CSK amidst talks of retirement, said- I will always be with them.

Mahendra Singh Dhoni's future in IPL is being discussed continuously. Many reports claimed that M

There will be a meeting between US and Chinese leaders, consensus can be reached on many issues related to the economy

Amid strained relations between the US and China, the leaders of the two countries will meet on W

90-Hour Workweek: 'Misunderstood', L&T HR chief defends SN Subramanian's 90-hour work statement

Larsen & Toubro (L&T) HR chief Sonika Muralidharan has defended Chairman SN Subramanian's

Uttarakhand Cabinet: 26 important decisions taken in the meeting chaired by CM Dhami, read full details here

The state cabinet meeting was held on Wednesday under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Pushkar

Paris Olympics Day 12 Schedule: Mirabai Chanu will go for the second medal, Vinesh will be expected to win gold

India will be hoping for a medal from weightlifter Mirabai Chanu on Wednesday, the 12th day of th

Double blow to Pakistan, Turkey also trapped; who will save now

The Financial Action Task Force (FATF) has decided to keep Pakistan on the gray list. Along with

IND vs AUS: Australian captain Tim Paine told why David Warner is very important for the team

Australian captain Tim Paine said in Sydney on Wednesday that the mere presence of David Warner m

You won't be able to book train tickets without linking your Aadhaar card until this time; the conditions will apply from the opening day. Understand the complete rules?

Indian Railways has implemented new rules to make online ticket booking more transparent. From Ja

Uttarakhand disaster: Nearly 50 people out of 153 missing from NTPC site still stuck in two and a half km long tunnel, there were 191 workers here at the time of the accident

In Chamoli, Uttarakhand, the focus is on Rescue Mission on Monday for the second day after the in

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash