Wayanad landslide: DNA testing of 349 human body parts has been completed so far, DNA testing of 52 parts could not be done due to decomposition


Posted on 14th Aug 2024 10:43 am by rohit kumar

DNA testing of 401 body parts recovered from the landslide-hit areas in Wayanad on July 30 was completed on Tuesday. At the same time, 52 organs have not been tested so far due to excessive decomposition.

 

Army and Special Operations Group conducted the operation

 

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.

Several volunteers including the Army, Special Operations Group, fire brigade, and forest department helped in the search operation. In which 349 body parts of 248 people were recovered, including 121 men and 127 women.

 

Revenue Minister K Rajan said that 52 body parts are yet to be tested, they could not be tested yet due to decomposition. According to Rajan, blood samples of 115 people have been collected so far. He said that trade union and management representatives have been directed to inspect and provide a report.

 

A special campaign launched to provide documents to people again

 

Landslides in various hilly areas near Meppadi in Wayanad district of Kerala on July 30 caused massive destruction. More than 300 people have died due to this natural disaster, while hundreds are injured. Meanwhile, a special camp was started in the disaster-affected areas of Wayanad on Monday to provide official documents to the survivors who lost everything in the landslide. At the same time, the search for the missing people also continued.

 

Camps set up in schools

 

These camps are being organized in selected schools of Meppadi here under the certificate/document retrieval campaign being run jointly by the Local Self Government Department, District Administration, and State IT Mission. The District Magistrate said in a Facebook post on Monday that arrangements are being made in the camps for the people staying in the camps or other places so that they can come and get their lost documents or certificates.

 

Also Read: Anger of Doctors: FIMA announces nationwide closure of OPD services today, the decision in protest against the murder of a female doctor

1 Like 0 Dislike
Previous news Next news
Other news

Tanvi The Great: Will the Delhi government show the film 'Tanvi The Great' to children? CM said this

Actor and director Anupam Kher's film 'Tanvi the Great' is in the headlines these days. Recently,

'I leave it to PM Modi to decide what to do with Bangladesh', Yunus shocked by Donald Trump's announcement!

Prime Minister Narendra Modi is on a two-day visit to America. Here he discussed trade, defense,

Will President's rule be imposed in West Bengal? Lawyer Vishnu Jain reached the Supreme Court after the Murshidabad violence; the hearing will be held tomorrow

Amid the ongoing violence in Murshidabad, West Bengal and the rhetoric being made on the Supreme

Greenland Row: 'Donald Trump... go to hell,' Danish MP lashes out at US aggression over Greenland.

US President Donald Trump's aggression regarding Greenland continues to escalate. Meanwhile, a st

Parliament Security Breach: Breach in Parliament's security, a person entered the premises by jumping over the wall; Security forces caught him

There has been a major lapse in the security of the Parliament House once again. A person entered

Paralympics: The pair of Sheetal Devi and Rakesh Kumar won bronze in mixed team archery, India got the 13th medal

The para archery pair of Sheetal Devi and Rakesh Kumar won the bronze medal by defeating the pair

'What is the solution? We will continuously monitor: SC takes a tough stand on Delhi air pollution.

The suffocating air in Delhi-NCR is making life difficult for people. Regarding the air pollution

IPL: Shreyas is the first captain to take three teams to the finals; Know when the same teams clashed in Q1 and title matches

Punjab Kings team has reached the final of IPL 2025. It defeated Mumbai Indians by five wickets i

Sanchar Saathi App: The government has removed the requirement for pre-installation of the Sanchar Saathi app, stating that its acceptance is increasing.

The Central Government has issued a major statement regarding the Sanchar Sathi app. The governme

Baba Siddique: 'Bullets fired... Bullets fired', a video surfaced immediately after the attack on Baba Siddique

Former Maharashtra minister Baba Siddiqui was shot dead outside his son's office in Mumbai on Oct

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash