cstdatomic (c++0x std::atomic) / g++ 4.4


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hello,

I'm trying to use cstdatomic (std::atomic in the upcoming c++0x standard) in g++ 4.4, but it doesn't seems to work as expected and I would like to known if I missed something...

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
My goal in the code below is just to test differents ways of concurrency (mutex vs atomic) : 4 threads increments counters in 3 ways.

1 - with std::mutex : works perfectly but slightly slow (lock / unlock)
2 - with g++ atomics "builtins" : works perfectly
3 - with std::atomic : doesn't works.


here is the code :

#include
#include
#include

int cnt_mutex = 0;
int cnt_builtins = 0;
std::atomic cnt_stdatomic = {0};
std::mutex smutex;

/* thread code */
void thrcode(int thrid)
{
/* counter local to thread */
int cnt_local;
for (cnt_local = 0; cnt_local < 10000000; cnt_local++)
{
/* c++0x fetchadd -> FAIL */
cnt_stdatomic.fetch_add(1);

/* g++ builtin fetchadd -> OK */
__sync_fetch_and_add(&cnt_builtins,1);

/* scoped std::mutex : OK */
{
std::unique_lock lockit(smutex);
cnt_mutex++;
};
};
printf("thread(%d) : cnt_local %dn",thrid,cnt_local);
};


int main() {
/* thread init */
std::thread m1(thrcode,1),m2(thrcode,2),m3(thrcode,3),m4(thrcode,4);

/* wait all thread */
m1.join(); m2.join(); m3.join(); m4.join();

/* display counters */
printf("end : cnt_mutex %d, cnt_builtins %d, cnt_stdatomic %dn",
cnt_mutex,cnt_builtins,(int)cnt_stdatomic);

};


compile with : g++ -std=c++0x mt.cpp -O3 -pthread && date && ./a.out && date

it give :
dimanche 4 octobre 2009, 19:10:28 (UTC+0200) (french time...)
thread(1) : cnt_local 10000000
thread(3) : cnt_local 10000000
thread(4) : cnt_local 10000000
thread(2) : cnt_local 10000000
end : cnt_mutex 40000000, cnt_builtins 40000000, cnt_stdatomic 39990400
dimanche 4 octobre 2009, 19:10:46 (UTC+0200)

cnt_stdatomic counter is incorrect... Someone could tell me where i'm wrong, did i miss something in code ?

(I'm using g++ version 4.4.1 Ubuntu 4.4.1-4ubuntu6)

Thanks !
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
268 Like 14 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Warning: mysql_num_rows() supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource
This may be simple I just may need another pair of eyes..

When i get records back the below c

Multithreading in Oracle (Java, SQLJ, Pro*C,??) on 10g
I am investigating how to run a Java stored procedure in multithread mode.
I know that if I chang

Not Inserting into DB
I can't get my Add new Division form to submit to the database. Anyone see my issue?

Code: &a

Javascript using window.location seems to lose state
Not sure what forum so let me know if I'm in the wrong place. I have a main window with a ajax grid

Attempt to assign property of non-object in...
I'm having issues with the following function in PHP 5...

function getTreeWithChildre

insert/update functions for mysql, what do you think?
I am working on two really simple functions that automatically generate (and execute) insert and upd

Cache PHP Objects/Classes?
Does anyone have ideas about caching PHP objects using something like: http://memcached.org/

Not loading image
When this function gets loaded it doesn't load the image just trying to figure out why.

Code:

What am I missing here? Help!
Hello all!. I can't seem to get this working right. Well - it renders right, but something is goin

Need help making a script that moves data into acrhive table
Hi,

I'm kinda new to php/mysql

And i wrote a simple script to store sales lead for a b

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash