Customizing message/behavior


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi,I'm using the ASP.NET membership/authorization controls in my application. Some parts of my application are reserved for users who are in certain roles i.e. editor, writer, etc. I control this with web.config files for those folders. My question is how do I give users meaningful and customized feedback if they try to access an area that they're not authorized for. For example if a writer tries to access an area that is only reserved for editors, I'd like to tell them something like "This area is for editors only". How can I create this behavior?
Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
58 Like 25 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

losing variables between php brackets
Hi

have got this code:
Code: $id=mysql_result($result,0,"itemid");
$title=mys

search function
HI guys,

if anyone could point us in the right direction of how to do this, or provide some t

output_buffering so rewrite
I'm planning to rewrite some of my scripts so they don't have to use output buffering to accomplish

Script not running properly
Hello Everyone
This is a basic script for posting to a database. I'm not sure why it doesn't work

Material Master Update through BAPI - Follow up material not updated
Hi Experts,

I am updating the material master through a custom transaction using the BAPI

DirectoryIterator and Hacked Website
Hi Everyone.

My problem:
Some one has been sneaking in to my website hidden Iframes. I've

Problems generating word documents on server side for security reasons
I have a problem with word documentation generation when generating a word document (docx) with PHP.

removing space from the end of a variable
i have a variable $image which contains the following url "http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/oo/P5/0m

Add 5 to a variable when a button is clicked, and re-run a for loop
So I'm making a feedback sort of section on a website with MySQL and PHP, I've gotten the script to

sapgui f4 help last search
I know this has to be simople. One user (maybe more) does not have the "last search saved" from the

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash