Display search result


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi!

I have a SQL database with information about albums and track (music).

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
This is where the user inputs a search term(entersearch.php): Code: <form name="form" action="displaysearchalbum.php" method="get">
<input type="text" name="getsearch" />
<input type="submit" name="Submit" value="search album" />
</form>
<br />
<h2>Search for track</h2>
<form name="form" action="displaysearchtrack.php" method="get">
<input type="text" name="getsearch2" />
<input type="submit" name="submit2" value="search track" />
</form>
And this is where the search result is displayed with links to a pages with more information about the album the user is interested in.

Code: <?php

// Get the search variable from URL
$var = @$_GET['getsearch'] ;
$trimmed = trim($var); //trim whitespace from the stored variable

// rows to return
$limit=20;

// check for an empty string and display a message.
if ($trimmed == "")
{
echo "<p>Please enter a search...</p>";
exit;
}

// check for a search parameter
if (!isset($var))
{
echo "<p>We dont seem to have a search parameter!</p>";
exit;
}

//connect to your database
mysql_connect("xxx","xxx","xxx"); //(host, username, password)

//specify database
mysql_select_db("xxx") or die("Unable to select database"); //select which database we're using

// Build SQL Query
$result = mysql_query("SELECT albumid, albumname FROM album WHERE albumname like '%$trimmed%'");
//$query = "SELECT albumname FROM album WHERE albumname='$trimmed'";

while ($row = mysql_fetch_array($result)) {

echo '<a href="albuminfo.php?albumid=' . $row[0] . '">' . $row[1] . '</a>';
echo "<p></p>";
}

?>
My problem is that I don't know how to transfer the information from displaysearchalbum.php to albuminfo.php about which album the information is going to be displayed. Preferably I would have a variable in albuminfo.php which contains the albumid in interest. I am a novice in php but think that the code I have so far written is working. Any ideas about necessary changes in the code I wrote or what kind of code I need for albuminfo.php would be helpful. I have not yet written any code for albuminfo.php because I am not quite sure how to.
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
342 Like 43 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

php problem?
I don't think I'm stupid, but maybe I am.

I am working on a sit for a friend I am try to put

tell csv import script to ignore blank rows?
Hi i have the below script but i get an error if a row is blank ie a return in the csv file at the e

need to add "sizes" to shopping cart
Hey guys, I am trying to figure out a way to add a "size" selector on to this bit of code.

How can I uploading Transactional Data from Legacy to New SAP system
Hell Gurus,

I am overwhelmed with questions on how to migrate huge volume of Sales Orders

How to display value in drop down list after form has been reloaded
Please bear with me as I am very new to php and html.

I have a form with several drop down me

disabling a button server-side then re-enabling client-side breaks button postback
I have a tabbed container and a button (not in the container) on a page. If the first tab is selecte

How to validate from 2 possible answers
Hi

I hope somebody can help me with what will probably be really simple, I'm pulling my hair

question about header() security
is is safe to just use the header() function to redirect someone if they are, say, not logged in? or

VAT
how should I deal with VAT?

if I have a product that costs £5.00 and VAT @ 17.5% (£0.87

I think i'm using the syntax incorrectly
Hi Everyone!

I'm new to this forum and a newbie with PHP - I'm glad I found this site - I hop

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash