how can we add data from dynamic fields to mysql db in php


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

i have a script which i found on the internet. i modify that script according to my needs. what is in that script is there are three form fields with two buttons. one button is "Give me more fields" clicking on this button will give you more fields. and second button is submit so the data goes to server side and will be added to db. the problem is when i click give me more fields it gives me three more fields which is right but when i fill all these fields and click submit button it adds to the db but the data in the first three fields adds in the one row and the other three fields data adds in separate row which is not fine for me. so how can i do this so all the data will be added to only one row.

here is js code
Code: [Select]var counter = 0;
Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
//Start a counter. Yes, at 0
function add_phone() {
counter++;
// I find it easier to start the incrementing of the counter here.
var newFields = document.getElementById('addQualification').cloneNode(true);
newFields.id = '';
newFields.style.display = 'block';
var newField = newFields.childNodes;
for (var i=0;i<newField.length;i++) {
var theName = newField[i].name
if (theName)
newField[i].name = theName + counter;
// This will change the 'name' field by adding an auto incrementing number at the end. This is important.
}
var insertHere = document.getElementById('addQualification');
// Inside the getElementById brackets is the name of the div class you will use.
insertHere.parentNode.insertBefore(newFields,insertHere);
}
here is form
Code: [Select]<form name="addAQualification" action="<?php echo $_SERVER['PHP_SELF']; ?>" method="post" enctype="multipart/form-data">
<fieldset>
<div id="phone">
Degree:
<input type="text" name="degree_0" value="" />

CGPA/Grade:
<input type="text" name="cgpa_0" value="" />

Institute:
<input type="text" name="institute_0" value="" />

</div>
<div id="addQualification" style="display: none;">
Degree:
<input type="text" name="degree_" value="" />

CGPA/Grade:
<input type="text" name="cgpa_" value="" />

Institute:
<input type="text" name="institute_" value="" />

</div>
<input type="button" id="add_phone()" onclick="add_phone()" value="Give me more fields!" />

<input type="submit" name="submit" value="submit" />
</fieldset>
</form>and here is php
Code: [Select]<?php
if(isset($_POST['submit']))
//This checks to make sure submit was clicked
{
echo "You clicked submit!
";
echo "Here is your data
";
echo "
";
if ($_POST['cgpa_0'])
//This checks that the proper field has data
{
$continue = FALSE;
$i = 0;
while ($continue == FALSE)
{
if (isset($_POST['degree_'.$i]))
//This looks for an entry after 0 and increments
{
echo $_POST['degree_'.$i] . " = " . $_POST['cgpa_'.$i] . "
";
//Echoing the data
$degree1 = $_POST['degree_'.$i];
$cgpa1 = $_POST['cgpa_'.$i];
$institute1 = $_POST['institute_'.$i];
$db = mysql_connect("localhost");
mysql_select_db("test", $db);
$query = "INSERT INTO cv
(
degree1,
cgpa1,
institute1
)
VALUES
(
'$degree1',
'$cgpa1',
'$institute1'
)";
$result = mysql_query($query);
//The four lines above is the example on how the data would be put into a MySQL database. It's not used here
}
else
{
$continue = TRUE;
}
$i++;
}
}
}
?>
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
75 Like 48 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Delete HTML file after loading
I have limited experience with php and its been a year or two since I've last used it. I have a sma

add 20 000 to the rowcnt
Hi ...
I need to add 20 000 to the row count but just cant find a way to do this i am new to php

PHP and SMS
Hi all forum members. I am new here and am unsure what category shoild I post this in.
Moderator

Strange cookie problem. setcookie dependant on where user was directed from?
Hello,

I have a website that sets a cookie when a user visits the website. The cookie holds a

Format timestamp from mysql
When I tried this:
Code: date("m/d/Y H:i A", $row['timestamp'])
I got 12/31/1969 18:

Cannot Display Array from Select Statement + Login question
Hi,
I'm new to PHP but so far so goog. I was assigend a project and I'm very close to completion.

set xml path in flash when xml created in memorystream and webrequest
i am creating an xml file using memory stream and i want to load this xml file into the flash on cli

Binding 2 UDP sockets on same port, connected to different destinations, 1 receives
Hello,
My application wants to send/recv data to 2 different UDP ports on a remote computer, us

Help pulling in 'id' with "read more" link
I'm trying to create snippets of my articles in the cms I'm creating, and then have them redirect to

Problem with Sending Mail by PHP
hello all,
I m new to php, can u plz provide me the code to send mail by php having CAPTC

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash