php/mysql auto logout after 2 hour and reset password


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi all,

This I hope will make sense. I've the following code which when a user logins in, creates a session:

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.

if (isset($_POST['submitted'])) { // Check if the form has been submitted.

require_once ('mysql_connect.php'); // Connect to the database.

// Validate the email address.
if (!empty($_POST['email'])) {
$e = escape_data($_POST['email']);
} else {
echo '<p class="error">You forgot to enter your email address!</p>';
$e = FALSE;
}

// Validate the password.
if (!empty($_POST['pass'])) {
$p = escape_data($_POST['pass']);
} else {
$p = FALSE;
echo '<p class="error">You forgot to enter your password!</p>';
}

if ($e && $p) { // If everything's OK.

// Query the database.
$query = "SELECT user_id, first_name, account_id FROM users WHERE (email='$e' AND pass=SHA('$p')) AND active IS NULL";
$result = mysql_query ($query) or trigger_error("Query: $queryn<br />MySQL Error: " . mysql_error());

if (@mysql_num_rows($result) == 1) { // A match was made.

// Register the values & redirect.
$row = mysql_fetch_array ($result, MYSQL_NUM);
mysql_free_result($result);
mysql_close(); // Close the database connection.
$_SESSION['user_id'] = $row[0];
$_SESSION['first_name'] = $row[1];
$_SESSION['account_id'] = $row[2];

// Start defining the URL.
$url = 'http://' . $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'] . dirname($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']);
// Check for a trailing slash.
if ((substr($url, -1) == '/') OR (substr($url, -1) == '\') ) {
$url = substr ($url, 0, -1); // Chop off the slash.
}

// Add the page.
$url .= '/index.php';

ob_end_clean(); // Delete the buffer.
header("Location: $url");
exit(); // Quit the script.

} else { // No match was made.
echo '<p class="error">Either the email address and password entered do not match those on file or you have not yet activated your account.</p>';
}

} else { // If everything wasn't OK.
echo '<p class="error">Please try again.</p>';
}

mysql_close(); // Close the database connection.

} // End of SUBMIT conditional.
?>

<h1>Login</h1>
<p class="maintext">Your browser must allow cookies in order to log in.</p>
<form action="login.php" method="post">
<fieldset>
<p class="maintext"><b>Email Address:</b> <input type="text" name="email" size="20" maxlength="40" value="<?php if (isset($_POST['email'])) echo $_POST['email']; ?>" /></p>
<p class="maintext"><b>Password:</b> <input type="password" name="pass" size="20" maxlength="20" /></p>
<div align="center"><input type="submit" name="submit" value="Login" /></div>
<input type="hidden" name="submitted" value="TRUE" />
</fieldset>
</form>


Each page I want protected then has this at the top


// If no first_name variable exists, redirect the user.
if (!isset($_SESSION['first_name'])) {

// Start defining the URL.
$url = 'http://' . $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'] . dirname($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']);
// Check for a trailing slash.
if ((substr($url, -1) == '/') OR (substr($url, -1) == '\') ) {
$url = substr ($url, 0, -1); // Chop off the slash.
}
// Add the page.
$url .= '/index.php';

ob_end_clean(); // Delete the buffer.
header("Location: $url");
exit(); // Quit the script.

} else {
### page ###
}


What I'd like to do is set the session to automatically expire after 2 hours and the users password to reset to something different to prevent login.

I assume this is possible but where do I start?
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
348 Like 23 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

xml element exists
Code: [Select]<?xml version="1.0"?>
<Addresses>
<

Displaying a clickable playername
I am going wrong somewhere with the mysql_query, can someone please put me straight?

$playern

PHP referral database. I would like this form to email the referrer.
Okay, Hello I've been trolling for years. This the first time I've ever asked for php help. Normally

how do i display data on a page from mysql
1 - do i use this code at the top of each of my page i wish to only alow access if there as been a s

SQL Query/echo not working
Hey all,

I'm trying to run (what I thought) was a simple operation and it isn't working. I h

Alternate messaging
I have 4 strings in MySQL db1

$string1 : Hello
$string2 : Hi
$string3 : Great
$strin

Problem in OnClientClick and OnClick sync
Hi,Strange and irritating problem: I have below button declaration in markup of the aspx page:

Checking if a process is running (problems including psapi.dll i think...)
Ok, so all I'm trying to do is check if a program is running...

I've found out that I nee

URL Rewrite issue
Im created a series of Rewrites and on page checks to make sure the correct url is being called. But

If a record matches an existing record do nothing
So I don't know if I should put this here or in mysql, but what my script is for is for people to ad

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash