Problem with HTTP Caching...?


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi there, im trying to implement caching. But it doesn't always work.
I post it here because there is no Client-Side HTTP topic...

Code: private function setLastModified ($aTimestamp) {
Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
$this->addHeader('Last-Modified', gmdate('r',$aTimestamp), True);
}

private function setExpires ($aTimestamp) {
$this->addHeader('Expires', gmdate('r',$aTimestamp), True);
}

private function setPragma ($aPragma) {
switch ($aPragma) {
case conResponce_NO_CASHING: $this->addHeader('Pragma', 'no-cache', True); break;
case conResponce_PRIVATE: $this->addHeader('Pragma', 'private', True); break;
case conResponce_PUBLIC: $this->addHeader('Pragma', 'public', True); break; }
}

And this result in on the client-side:


http://localhost/CMS%20Test/index.php?type=4&html=test

Request Headers
Accept:application/xml,application/xhtml+xml,text/html;q=0.9,text/plain;q=0.8,image/png,*/*;q=0.5
Cache-Control:max-age=0
Referer:http://localhost/CMS%20Test/index.php
User-Agent:Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US) AppleWebKit/532.0 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/3.0.195.27 Safari/532.0


Response Headers
Cache-Control:public
Connection:Keep-Alive
Content-Type:text/html
Date:Tue, 10 Nov 2009 12:20:58 GMT
Expires:Tue, 10 Nov 2009 12:21:58 +0000
Keep-Alive:timeout=5, max=74
Last-Modified:Tue, 10 Nov 2009 12:07:03 +0000
Pragma:public
Server:Apache/2.2.11 (Win32) PHP/5.3.0
Transfer-Encoding:chunked
X-Powered-By:PHP/5.3.0


Is:
Expires:Tue, 10 Nov 2009 12:21:58 +0000 wright?

Or does it have to look like:
Expires:Tue, 10 Nov 2009 12:21:58 GMT

I'm using: gmdate('r',$aTimestamp) and it's on the PHP site. Also i found this in a PHP book, but a lot of code of the book and the php site doesn't work at all or not properly. Im i the only one with this problems?
And why don't they remove "examples" that doesn't work?


Thanx...
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
168 Like 42 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

PHP not creating file.
Its supposed to create a .ini file in the /scriptfiles/users/ with the name they entered into the fi

Operator precedence assistance.
I did a quick Google search and couldn't quite find the answer I wanted in terms I could understand,

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ELSEIF in /home/......html/item.php on l
I do not know what is wrong with this. Hope some one can help. I do nto want to post the entire site

how do i display data on a page from mysql
1 - do i use this code at the top of each of my page i wish to only alow access if there as been a s

Do While statement
hi guys,

This may sound trivial but im new to php and as part of an assignmenti have to const

All possible combinations of String in PL/SQL
Hi All,

Could you please explain the logic of getting all possible combinations of String

whats wrong with my code please help!!!
this is the error


Warning: mysql_close(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link res

Setting condidtions for an input box
Hi all,

I would like to set a condition in a txt box that says the number a user enters has t

Displaying returned XML in another PHP page
I have an online payment form that will return XML given if a payment is successful or declines. I

Loosing changed contents when used FM REUSE_ALV_GRID_DISPLAY
Hi,

I have used FM REUSE_ALV_GRID_DISPLAY in my program as below.

CALL FUNCT

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash