Problem with php's rename function

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

So, i'm having a problem with the php rename function. Basically my script 'delete_user.php' attempts to copy the users xml file(i stored all users information, in xml files as a backup of my database). They're all located in a folder named "xml", which is located in the root directory of my website, as is 'delete_user.php'. What i want to do is, that the file name is changed when the person's user account is deleted. Here's the code i've tried to do it with, i get an 'invalid directory / file error' when i try to run the script.

Code: <?php $path = "/xml/";
// you cannot see it here, but $login contains a username. (The username is the name of the file)
// eg. an user named "sharal" would have an associated xml file named "sharal.xml"
// this is not exactly what i want it to do, but it simply renames the file with it's original name
// and adds "old" behind it
$file = $login;
$old = "old";
$new_path = $login . $old;

rename($path.$file.".xml", $path.$new_path.".xml"); ?>

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
102 Like 9 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

preg_replace question
Hello!!

I hope someone can help me with preg_replace.

I load two tables from an extern

How to restrict the display of report variants
Hello All,

I want t know how to restrict the display of report variants.
I mean, whe

Is there a way to override built in php functions without APD?
I am trying to use the
rename_function()
override_function()
options that are built into

Save username into DB
OkaY so I got my blog to actually save the posts and whatever, all I need now is for it to keep the

Shuffle Array
Hi,

I am writing a script for a game that needs players to randomly be assigned a target (ano

ClientScript.RegisterClientScriptBlock Issue
This is what I haveview plaincopy to clipboardprint?Protected Sub posrback_Click(ByVal sender As Obj

[PHP HELP] Php order form.
Hello to everyone @ phpfreaks. Im new to this site and hope to learn lots of things here.

Fir

Trouble with a select list
Hello All!
I was wondering if any of you guys could help me with a small problem I'm having!

Class not found error
I am getting Class 'index' not found in Eval function:

//write config

$pat

how can we add data from dynamic fields to mysql db in php
i have a script which i found on the internet. i modify that script according to my needs. what is i

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash