Is there a way to override built in php functions without APD?


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

I am trying to use the
rename_function()
override_function()
options that are built into the APD php extension. But I don't want to rely on that extension being loaded.
Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.

This is another one of my out-of-the-box ideas that presents me with the thought to override the require_once function. During this function call, I want to check for the existence of the same file in another path. If it exists then require that one.. otherwise just do normal require once.

If I use the APD extension it works fine with this:

Code: rename_function('require_once', 'require_once_orig');
override_function('require_once', '$file', 'return require_once_new($file);');

function require_once_new($file) {
$modfile = str_replace(ROOT.'/', ROOT.'/'.MODS.'/', $file);
if (file_exists($modfile)) {
require_once_orig($modfile);
} else {
require_once_orig($file);
}
}

so if original file is:
/home/public_html/site/includes/page.php
I want to check if
/home/public_html/site/mods/includes/page.php exists first and load the one I want.

I am overriding the require_once function because I am adding this to an existing framework and don't want to have to update it in all locations. This would make it completely dynamic so that all require_once calls will check for existence of the file in the other path.

Any thoughts?
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
153 Like 32 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Coding question?
Hey guys, I have a quick question. If I want to make a way for people to pay for health in my game,

javascript in php code causes page to display white
Hi All,

Odd one this, I've got the following code (below) which is a simple log in form. The

Dynamic Data + Sql Server 2005 Enterprise?
Hi! I have just started to learn ASP.NET, and it looks like it is quite a lot to learn. Im not reall

ALV List Display to point to another report on Double Click
Hi,

I want my ALV List Display to point to another report on Double Click on its line ite

Check if another session of the page is running?
I want to keep people from opening multiple tabs, or sessions of my Facebook app. Is it possible to

quick question about System Change Number(SCN) in FlashBack Query topic
i know tht we can get the SCN of the database using flashback concept as follows

SQL>

Calander Basic Spript help
hi, just starting out with PHP and have the following script:

<?php
//This gets t

import table with dependency
Hi

What is the best way to import table back which has dependency?

SQL> cre

Help with some dates
I have a list of dates in an array:

$mondays = array(
strtotime("October 12, 2009

Convert array to string and write to csv file
I am looking to write a MySQL query to a csv file.

At the minute I:

check for the orig

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash