Querying info from one table based on info in another


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi, I am currently trying to make a part for my user driven website where one user can subscribe to another and whoever they have subscribed to is echoed back on there profile page.

my users table structure is: id username password and my subscription table is: id user_id follow_id

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
i am currently trying to query the logged in users subscriptions with this sql_query

$subsQuery = mysql_query("SELECT U.username FROM users AS U INNER JOIN subscription AS Sub.follow_id=U.id WHERE Sub.user_id=".$ID); $ID being the logged in users id.

However when trying to echo this on the page using this bit of php:

<? while ($subs = mysql_fetch_assoc($subsQuery)) { ?><br /><br />
<? echo $subs['username'] ?>

<? } ?>

it throws back this error:

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/avince/public_html/users/user.php on line 53

Any help would be much appreciated!
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
271 Like 7 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

COOIS - Saving Object Overview WIP Status layouts
COOIS - Would like to be able to save the layout of an Object Overview - WIP Status report. There i

button.click += new eventhandler() not works in if(!ispostback)
i want to use button.clcik event in function VIewScrap() which is called in if(!ispostback) but itdo

Check Digits and extracting digits
I think I can figure out the code for this but I am having a very hard time getting past the first s

Array becomes unset by itself?
Hi,

I have a bit of experience with PHP but not extensive. It seems I cannot store any items

PHP mail() returns true but doesn't work
First off I apologize if this is a newbie question, and I generally don't like asking questions that

Changes to hosting company's server has affected web contact form
I started a thread a couple of months ago about the contact forms on my client's website. Basically

Adding to the next element in a multidimensional array
Hi, I'm trying to add a value to $node->field_spaces['nid'] where x is the next available spo

Merger of 6 sister companies under one flagship company after go live
Dear Experts,
I need one help regarding Merger of sister companies of same group. currently we

. and .. appearing instead of pictures
First of all, thanks very much for providing this forum. It is very much appreciated!

My son

Echo-ing MySQL content and Keep Formatting?
I have data in my MySQL such as:

QuoteBlah blah

Blah blah

etc
but when i ech

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash