Simple Question

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

I know this is a simple question, that if I knew what it was technically called i could probably look up and find the answer for myself. However, I don't know what its called, and of all the books I have none of them mention or use this.

Anyway in my searches from time to time when i'm stuck on something looking for samples or more information on particular functions in php I come across something some has done for an example that has "@" in front of it or something similar, usually "@". Why is that used, what does it signify? and is there other characters used in a similar fashion to when someone uses "@".

So all in all I am curious. I just want to know what it is, what it does, if theres any specific doc on the use of "@" and or similar characters

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
156 Like 53 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

pagination - need help on passing of search query.
Hi, i have been trying for days but couldn't get this sorted out. Would like some professional help

How do I use a global footer..?
If my index.php has a bole bunch of if functions and exit's in them

How to find OS bit version
How can I tell the person browsing my site is running 32, or 64 bit operating system?

Could Someone Please Debug This?
I was wondering if someone could debug this script for me. I realize it's not the tidest script (and

Database connection failure
Hello All,

I am trying to create new connection to Oracle DB 10.1,
I could not see a

Pre-Fill out a PHP form...??
This is for work actually (geek squad). We have to fill out this online php form at work over and ov

how to insert value
I am having file bookissueadd.php..... in which i am having tag

<td height="21&q

Help =( !! Upload Pics [PHP script]
Hello
I need help with a php script [MULTIPLE UPLOAD IMAGES] , where I want to add a feature (wat

$_POST variable un-useable
I'm trying to use a $_POST variable in a mysql update statement but i can't use it for some unknown

Looking for help on using joining mysql tables and php....
Does anyone have any good links to references on how to pull mysql data, through joining tables and

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash