Solution to the FindControl problem


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

I have seen may posts about having problems with the FindControl method. Most seem to come about because the control being searched for is nested within a container other than the webform.I came across this code (sorry dont remember the web site) that I have posted in response to many of the posts related to this type of problem. I thought it would be easier if I post this code here for others to find./// /// Finds a Control recursively. Note finds the first match that exists /// /// Should be the lowest container in the heirarchy, for eg dont choose Master page if you can pick the specific panel /// ID of the control you are looking for /// the control if found else null private static Control FindControlRecursive(Control Root, string Id) {if (Root.ID == Id) return Root; foreach (Control Ctl in Root.Controls) {Control FoundCtl = FindControlRecursive(Ctl, Id); if (FoundCtl != null) return FoundCtl; }return null; }
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
148 Like 21 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

form class help (oop php5)
Hidy Ho Neighbors,

I'm forcing myself to learn oop/classes for php5. It seems like a good id

Placing and array within an array then sorting it!
I have a page that runs two large mysql queries and saves the results into arrays, in php I then per

Else statement screws up all css
Does anyone know what goes wrong in the process with this php code?
This code seems to be causing

onClick='location.href=index.htm'> not working
Below is my code:

echo "<input type='button' value='redirect' onClick='location.h

PHP hyperlinks generator
Hi

I need some help to get this done using php:


1 - I have few hyperlinks say 500

Images outside webroot
Im hopeing someone can help me with this because i cant figure it out.I have setup an ASP.NET websit

PHP XML extraction text
I would like to extract an xml text and have that text directly echo(print) out on my web page. Her

Help with page encoding issue and weird characters
I'm trying to write a screen scraper and when I pull out the lines of the html file that I'm interes

=> and <=
So I was digging through some code when I came across the <= operator. This is the first tim

Had a simple form script that suddenly stopped working
It was made about a year ago and had been working fine. Last time it was known to work for sure was

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash