Solution to the FindControl problem

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

I have seen may posts about having problems with the FindControl method. Most seem to come about because the control being searched for is nested within a container other than the webform.I came across this code (sorry dont remember the web site) that I have posted in response to many of the posts related to this type of problem. I thought it would be easier if I post this code here for others to find./// /// Finds a Control recursively. Note finds the first match that exists /// /// Should be the lowest container in the heirarchy, for eg dont choose Master page if you can pick the specific panel /// ID of the control you are looking for /// the control if found else null private static Control FindControlRecursive(Control Root, string Id) {if (Root.ID == Id) return Root; foreach (Control Ctl in Root.Controls) {Control FoundCtl = FindControlRecursive(Ctl, Id); if (FoundCtl != null) return FoundCtl; }return null; }

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
148 Like 21 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Grids not displaying decimals, and behaving differently on different PCs?
Hello,

I coded a relatively simple MII application that allows data from a form to be add

Calender Not Opening
The following code is not loading the javascript calender in another window. It's not doing anything

Renaming array keys
The issue: renaming array keys inside a foreach loop.

I'm trying to build a pie chart image w

Rand() help needed
Hi all,

Can someone explain and give me a quick example of how I would go about this?

The IE or FF detector
Hello Friends,

Problem of today ( we seek for php help ) as following ,

we know all th

Problem with HTTP Caching...?
Hi there, im trying to implement caching. But it doesn't always work.
I post it here because ther

Save remote XML to local website folder
Hi, I hope you can help me out. I would like to be able to pull an XML file from another site and t

Passing JS to PHP
So I have the following
Code: <?php
getdetails(?><script type="text/

Problems with strings containing
Hey all,

I have encountered something strange in a script. I am trying to write an XML heade

pls clear my confusion
Hi friends,

Pls solve my query .

what is the exact use of Scope Resolution Operator( i

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash