Sort a two dimensional array.

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi. I've set up a two dimensional array that reads as follows:

Code: $modifiedData = array( array($arrCollingwoodStart[0], $numCollingwoodForTotal, $numCollingwoodAgainstTotal, $numCollingwoodPercentage, $numCollingwoodPointsTotal),
array($arrAdelaideStart[0], $numAdelaideForTotal, $numAdelaideAgainstTotal, $numAdelaidePercentage, $numAdelaidePointsTotal),
array($arrBrisbaneStart[0], $numBrisbaneForTotal, $numBrisbaneAgainstTotal, $numBrisbanePercentage, $numBrisbanePointsTotal),
array($arrCarltonStart[0], $numCarltonForTotal, $numCarltonAgainstTotal, $numCarltonPercentage, $numCarltonPointsTotal));

Each array within represents one row of a table. I need to sort the arrays descending by the variables that end in "PointsTotal", and then by the variables that end in "Percentage". As of yet I haven't worked out how to sort the array out as I want to. Have I set up this array correctly? And if so, how do I peform the sort as I've described?

If anyone can help me out, that would be greatly appreciated

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
149 Like 36 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Image DPI
Hi.

I allow users to upload images, the user then is able to adjust several settings for the

Open link with largest int string first
I have the following links i would like to open either all at once or one-by-one. How would i procee

PHP / MySQL Associative Multidimensional Array:
Hello.

I have data in a MySQL Table that adheres to the below: (note, no index, could add if

PHP loop
Okay so I have several "articles" stored in a mysql database and am attempting to echo tho

Trigger tag in aspx is not coming
hi all ,iam new to ajax, iam using file upload inside the update pannel but right now i want to use

Problem with Subscreen
Dear Experts ,
I am facing a problem with the subscreens. My senario is as follows :

Dynamically set AccordianPane Header
I have an accordian on my master page. I'd like to be able to dynamically change the header on diff

modifying a property of an object from a different class
I have 2 classes:
- Math
- Distance

in my math class, I have this line:
$distance =

Floating Point Precision Loss
I'm writing a program to draw a three-dimensional cube (with a corner cut off) without using any 3D

FAGL_FC_TRANSLATION FAS52 New GL ECC 6.0
Hello,

The new program for Translating GL Balances (FAS 52) gives the option to use diffe

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash