Sorting JTable on more than just the values listed in the columns

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

I have a collection of objects that store (among other things) two integer values. I only want to display one of these values. The displayed value will dictate the sort order of the JTable.

However, I want to break ties with the other, undisplayed, integer value.

I've gone through the trouble of specifying my own Comparator for the TableRowSorter. However, this method doesn't have access to the row index into the table. It is only passed the values in the column that is being sorted, not their position in the column. Without having a reference back to the row index (which I use as an index to the collection of objects) I cannot get the secondary value, unless I also display this value in its own column and sort on Sort Keys.

I don't want to do that, because I feel it clutters up the look of the table.

For example, I have the two sets of numbers

Row Name | Displayed Value | Undisplayed Value
rowA | 7 | 3
rowB | 7 | 5

With this set of data, rowB should be listed above rowA. Any ideas on how to implement this.

I'm pretty new to Swing, so there could be something simple that I'm missing (hopefully).

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
296 Like 12 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Multiple upload and Resize
I would like some help on my script I have the for my index.php

////

<html&

elseif help!
OK so I'm new to the site, as well as PHP altogether (Trying my hand at managing an online RPG) and

Putting double spaces instead of single spaces
Im looking at trying to replace all single spacing between fields with double spacing

At pres

unexpected T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE, expecting T_STRING or T_VARIABLE or T_NUM_
Can anyone view my code and tell me why im getting the error:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpect

HTML Email rec'd as Source Code
The code does create and send the email successfully. However, the message shows as html code and n

Getting Resource id #11 while trying to connect..
So i tried using "DEFINE" for the first time and im using the variables i defined to conne

single page with referrer to show correct page
I have a simple website with a couple of different pages. I would like to be able to in a div tag w

Points for Wiki contribution
Hi everyone,

I want to know how long does it take for the moderator to award points for a

PHP Cannot redeclare class
I have 6 files, and two of them do not seem to want to play well. I keep getting a "Cannot rede

Code working in IE but not FireFox
I created a dynamic navigation list for my website based off of a table in my database. The code is

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash