Sorting JTable on more than just the values listed in the columns


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

I have a collection of objects that store (among other things) two integer values. I only want to display one of these values. The displayed value will dictate the sort order of the JTable.

However, I want to break ties with the other, undisplayed, integer value.

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
I've gone through the trouble of specifying my own Comparator for the TableRowSorter. However, this method doesn't have access to the row index into the table. It is only passed the values in the column that is being sorted, not their position in the column. Without having a reference back to the row index (which I use as an index to the collection of objects) I cannot get the secondary value, unless I also display this value in its own column and sort on Sort Keys.

I don't want to do that, because I feel it clutters up the look of the table.


For example, I have the two sets of numbers

Row Name | Displayed Value | Undisplayed Value
rowA | 7 | 3
rowB | 7 | 5

With this set of data, rowB should be listed above rowA. Any ideas on how to implement this.

I'm pretty new to Swing, so there could be something simple that I'm missing (hopefully).
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
296 Like 12 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Validating time
Hi Guys

what do you think of the following approach to validate a 24hour time:

http://

Error when call dll from oracle
Hi all, please help me!

I have dll write C language, I want call it from oracle procedur

Strange array issue, never happened before.
mysql_fetch_array returns 1 array per call. Generally that's why it is inserted into a while statem

how to query data from website using VC?
I want to query some datum from a website,so I need a program to read data from a .csv file, and ass

$variable $variables type question
I need to be able to designate an array element dynamically, so I thought to use a variable variable

When i am Canseling the Billing Document in VF11 I am getting Shortdump
Hi Experts

When i am Canseling the Billing Document in VF11 I am getting Shortdump.

finding key position of specified value in multi-dimensional array
Code: $openedfile = fopen($tfc_file4, "r");
$rc = 1;
while(!feof($openedfile))
{<

Inserting multiple records from single form
I've found a number of threads that deal with this issue, but I'm new to php and coding language so

ScriptResource.axd gives an error on fresh install of ASP.NET Ajax 1.0
Hello,I have a fresh install of Microsoft ASP.NET Ajax 1.0. When I create an Ajax enabled website in

disabling a button server-side then re-enabling client-side breaks button postback
I have a tabbed container and a button (not in the container) on a page. If the first tab is selecte

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash