value not going in data base

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

hello friends....
i am having a working javascript....when i am selecting any designation and refresh/validation problem the form is resetting the designation value and the designation value is not going into the database.....please look at the below code and suggest me how to make it work...

Code: [Select]function changeList(list1,list2) {
list2.length = 0;
if(list1.options[list1.selectedIndex].value == 2)
{
addOption(list2,"ACTD","ACTD"); addOption(list2,"ALEC","ALEC"); addOption(list2,"ASOP","ASOP"); addOption(list2,"ASTP","ASTP");
addOption(list2,"DIRO","DIRO"); addOption(list2,"DLIB","DLIB");addOption(list2,"LECT","LECT"); addOption(list2,"PFAT","PFAT");
addOption(list2,"PROF","PROF");addOption(list2,"TA","TA"); addOption(list2,"VFAC","VFAC"); addOption(list2,"VPRF","VPRF");
}
else if(list1.options[list1.selectedIndex].value == 3)
{
addOption(list2,"ACCO","ACCO"); addOption(list2,"APRG","APRG"); addOption(list2,"ASTR","ASTR"); addOption(list2,"COCH","COCH");
addOption(list2,"CSHR","CSHR"); addOption(list2,"CTOR","CTOR"); addOption(list2,"DRVR","DRVR"); addOption(list2,"DUDT","DUDT");
addOption(list2,"ELER","ELER"); addOption(list2,"FINO","FINO"); addOption(list2,"HSPT","HSPT"); addOption(list2,"JAAT","JAAT");
addOption(list2,"JOAT","JOAT"); addOption(list2,"JTEC","JTEC"); addOption(list2,"LABT","LABT"); addOption(list2,"LBST","LBST");
addOption(list2,"LIST","LIST");addOption(list2,"MEDA","MEDA"); addOption(list2,"MO","MO"); addOption(list2,"OFST","OFST");
addOption(list2,"PA","PA");addOption(list2,"PAST","PAST");addOption(list2,"PRGR","PRGR"); addOption(list2,"SCOP","SCOP");
addOption(list2,"SLAT","SLAT"); addOption(list2,"SMDA","SMDA"); addOption(list2,"SMDO","SMDO"); addOption(list2,"SNRS","SNRS");
addOption(list2,"STCH","STCH");addOption(list2,"SUPV","SUPV"); addOption(list2,"WSPT","WSPT");
}
else if(list1.options[list1.selectedIndex].value == 4)
{
addOption(list2,"ATDT","ATDT");addOption(list2,"CHWK","CHWK");
addOption(list2,"LIDT","LIDT"); addOption(list2,"NRSE","NRSE");
addOption(list2,"OAST","OAST");
}
}
</script>
Code: [Select]<body bgcolor="#cccccc" style="color:#000099" onload="changeList(document.forms.form2.emptyp,document.forms.form2.desig)" >

<label>3. Employee Type</label>
<font color="##FF0000" >*</font>
<select name="emptyp" onChange="changeList(document.forms.form2.emptyp,document.forms.form2.desig)">
<option value="2" <?php if (isset($_POST['emptyp']) && $_POST['emptyp'] == '2') { echo "selected='selected'"; }?> >2 (Teaching faculty)</option>
<option value="3" <?php if (isset($_POST['emptyp']) && $_POST['emptyp'] == '3') { echo "selected='selected'"; }?> >3 (Supporting staff)</option>
<option value="4" <?php if (isset($_POST['emptyp']) && $_POST['emptyp'] == '4') { echo "selected='selected'"; }?> >4 (Helping staff)</option>
</select>

<label >9. Designation</label>
<select name="desig" id="desig" value=""> </select>

Code: [Select]$desig=($_POST['desig']);

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
186 Like 51 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Rand() help needed
Hi all,

Can someone explain and give me a quick example of how I would go about this?

reorder sql query
ok so i have this very simple code:
Code: $query = "SELECT search_keywords, COUNT(search_key

Rounding a number queried from a database
I know that to display a rounded number you just do echo "round($number)";. But how would

Attempt to assign property of non-object in...
I'm having issues with the following function in PHP 5...

function getTreeWithChildre

SAP Logon Failed
I tried to login to SAP through MMC.

When i click start and give password.

it

A rank users order by points
I want to make an insert from table 'rank' , with number (rank) from the cod blow, to fild users.ran

Inserting a check in checkbox from array value
Hello all,
I have a bit of code that works for a select option box, but does not work for my chec

Update Database
Hi All,

I have a problem with this:

Code: [Select]<?php
session_start();

How to show next and prev records
Hi all,

Sorry if this is simple, i'm very new to php, well, any programming language actually

PHP mail() with images
I'm trying to get images to send along with my HTML e-mail sent through PHP mail(). I only tried vie

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash