why isn't this PHP code working ???


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

it's suppose to find a name on the database.

<?php

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
$s = $_POST["lname"];
$x = trim($s);

$exists = false;
$selectedRow = 0;

mysql_connect (localhost,testuser,testuser);
mysql_select_db (testuser);


mysql_query("DROP TABLE myTable");
mysql_query("CREATE DATABASE myDatabase");
mysql_query("USE myDatabase");
mysql_query("CREATE TABLE myTable (firstname VARCHAR(20), " .
"lastname VARCHAR(20), birthdate DATE, dependents INT, ss VARCHAR(11))");
mysql_query("LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE 'names.txt' INTO TABLE myTable")
or die(mysql_error());

$s = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM myTable ORDER BY lastname");

$rows=mysql_numrows($s);

for($i = 0; $i < $rows; $i++){
$result = trim(mysql_result($s,$i,"lastname"));
if ( strcmp($x, $result) == 0 )
{
$exists = true;
$selectedRow = $i;
}
}

if ($exists == true)
{
$f = mysql_result($s,$selectedRow,"firstname");
$l = mysql_result($s,$selectedRow,"lastname");
$b = mysql_result($s,$selectedRow,"birthdate");
//$d=str_pad(mysql_result($s,$selectedRow,"dependents"), 18, " ");
//$ss=mysql_result($s,$selectedRow,"ss");
print "$f "."$l
Your date of birth is ".$b;
}

else
{
print "$x
Your name is not listed";
}

mysql_query("DROP DATABASE myDatabase") or die(mysql_error());
mysql_close();
?>
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
139 Like 35 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

List/Menu Box
On an edit page when you want something to select what a user has previously selected from the datab

Buggy registration system
Hey, I just started scripting in PHP, and I ran into a few problems.
Code: <?php
includ

Is there a function ... auto send IP
Is there some function that can be sent to a ddns service that returns the ip address of a ddns forw

db entry based on primary key
My "topics" table contains 10 entires
*--------------*
topicid topic
------

Best way to read this text file.
Hi.I am planning to make a small application in C# to convert the players from Football manager 2010

Php script to read msword file
hi,

I need to read a msword file and i want to print the contents in that word file.

i

Why does my php page download images over and over
Can anybody please explain to me why my php page keeps downloading the images and other items every

Insert Failing.
Hey,
I am making a Sign up page for a website, but the insert query into the Database does not se

PHP code needed to get/post form fields and request mysql query results.
I'm new to PHP

I've created an html form to allow the user to request a basic telephone dire

BackButton Behaviour in AJAX
I have an ASPX Page AJAX Enabled!The page has a gridView and a DDL for filtering on it. The Gridview

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash