My XSRF Prevention code isn't working


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

First of all, thanks for the generous help you guys have given me in the past on this forum.
Second, I apologize in advance if my code is hard to read, most of it was done in a rush.

Here goes:
Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.

login.php
Code: <?php
// create anti-csrf cookie value
$hash = sha1(time().rand().strlen(rand()));
$hash = substr($hash, 0, 8);
if (isset($_COOKIE['xsrf[0]'])) {
$i = 0;
while (isset($_COOKIE['xsrf['.$i.']'])) {
$i++;
}
setcookie('xsrf['.$i.']', $hash, 0, '/citizen/', '.ch4n.net');
} else {
setcookie('xsrf[0]', $hash, 0, '/citizen/', '.ch4n.net');
}


?>
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
<html>
<head>
<title>Citizen - Login</title>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
<link rel="stylesheet" href="default.css">
</head>

<body>
<div class="header"><?php include("menu.html"); ?></div>

<div class="body">

<?php if (!empty($_GET['errors'])): ?>
<ul>
<li><?php print implode("</li>nt<li>", explode(';', $_GET['errors'])); ?></li>
</ul>
<?php endif; ?>

<form name="login" action="login_process.php" method="POST">
<input type="hidden" name="xsrfi" value="<?php echo $i; ?>" />
<input type="hidden" name="xsrf" value="<?php echo $hash; ?>" />
<table cellpadding="1" cellspacing="1" id="login">
<tbody>
<tr class="username">
<th>Username</th>
<td><input type="text" id="username" name="username" maxlength="20" /><br /></td>
</tr>
<tr class="password">
<th>Password</th>
<td><input type="password" id="password" name="password" maxlength="20" /></td>
</tr>

</tbody>
</table>
<input type="submit" name="submit" value="Login!" />
</form>

</div>

</body>
</html>
login_process.php
Code: <?php
if ($_COOKIE['xsrf['.$_POST['xsrfi'].']'] !== $_POST['xsrf'] || !isset($_COOKIE['xsrf['.$_POST['xsrfi'].']'])):
$errors = "It appears you have been a victim of a browser attack! Please run a virus scan before continuing online activities.;".$_COOKIE['xsrf['.$_POST['xsrfi'].']'].";".$_POST['xsrfi'].";".$_POST['xsrf'];
setcookie('xsrf['.$_POST['xsrfi'].']', sha1($hash), time()-1, '/citizen/', '.ch4n.net');
header("Location: login.php?errors=$errors");
endif;
setcookie('xsrf', sha1($hash), time()-1, '/citizen/', '.ch4n.net');
require('authent.php');
$user = mysql_escape_string(htmlentities($_POST['username']));
$pass = mysql_escape_string(htmlentities($_POST['password']));

$passwordhash = hashPassword($pass);

if(table_exists("user_".$user, 's2zsl9rx_citizen')):
// Make a MySQL Connection
require('c2db.php');
mysql_select_db("s2zsl9rx_citizen") or die(mysql_error());

$result = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM user_$user WHERE type='001'")
or die(mysql_error());

$row = mysql_fetch_assoc($result);

if ($row['val'] == $passwordhash):
$value = $user.','.$row['val'].','.hashPassword(getip());
setcookie('citizeninfo', $value, time()+3600, '/citizen/', 'ch4n.net');
mysql_close();
header("Location: game.php");
else:
$errors = 'Username and/or password are incorrect'.$row['val'];
mysql_close();
header("Location: login.php?errors=$errors");
endif;


else:
$errors = 'Username and/or password are incorrect';
header("Location: login.php?errors=$errors");
endif;
?>
Any help at all would be very much appreciated
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
265 Like 24 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Problem executing bash script using shell_exec
Hi there,
I created a bash script file using following code to convert doc documents to pdf using

Binding 2 UDP sockets on same port, connected to different destinations, 1 receives
Hello,
My application wants to send/recv data to 2 different UDP ports on a remote computer, us

PHP4 to PHP5 Conversion
Hi Everyone,

I am working on a site that is built up on PHP4 and each page is being started f

problems with script
I made a small script wich exchanges points in my website:


<?php
session_start

PHP Display Telephone Number On Referrer
I have used the php below to show a different telephone number in the header of the site depending u

Apart from cron
I need to run a php file every one hour. Is there any other solution apart from cron job?

Got A Free Server :(
So I was given a free server

http://shopping.yahoo.com/p:Compaq%20ProLiant%201500%20Server:1

Line break?
Hi, I'm new to the forum and new to php. I'm not sure if I'm using the correct terminology so here i

str_replace help
Hey there,

I'm a PHP newb, I'm having troubles with the str_replace function. I want to clean

Table control is disappearing from Screen
Hi Experts,

I have a screen with multiple table control(TC). Each table control has two c

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash