check if value exists


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

I have googled this for a while and I am getting lots of different results. Is there a standard method used for checking to see if a value exists in a database before inserting a value? I have a form, you type your name and push submit, it inserts the name into the database and then the name shows up in a list. Right now, it accepts the same values. I want to add a check to say

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
if name exists, do something
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
337 Like 35 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Why do I get this error
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting ',' or ';' in /home/a5488351/public_html/b

Can't seem to capture a variable in a chained select
I'm *this* close to having a chained select running but for some reason it doesn't seem to be pickin

double and single quotes in text fields acting up... help please
Single quotes, when entered into a text field, create an sql error upon Submit. It seems to create t

search function
HI guys,

if anyone could point us in the right direction of how to do this, or provide some t

how can i expire the submitted page using session.
hi,
i'm new to php world.
i'm using "post" method.
when i submit it,data goes to

couldn't connect to your database
Hello I am new to php mysql

Actually i have read A tutorial on nettuts
"http://net.tu

mysql_affected_rows() usage
Possibly a MySQL issue, but the function that is not behaving in the anticipated way is a PHP functi

Query failed issue with php script but works fine in mssql manager!
hi i have the script below which copies data from one table to another but will only insert new data

how to get values from $_Post with onchange="form.submit();"?
Hi, I have a form that submit to itself with a file upload field and two other hidden field values.<

BackButton Behaviour in AJAX
I have an ASPX Page AJAX Enabled!The page has a gridView and a DDL for filtering on it. The Gridview

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash