Date/Time and Checkbox


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to figure out how to insert the current date and time into the database.
Scenario:
Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
1) user enter my site and fills up the forum
2) hits the submit button
3) Regardless of the user location I want the time to be stored in the database in PST.

Question:

Do I need to get an input from the user for time? or can I just use some server time etc?

Right now I'm asking them to manually insert the date and time in the textbox which is not that effective


Also I have a checkbox in my forums but I always get 0 in the value field when I check the database. I have it setup as (tinyint(1)) in the database using mysql. I think I am doing wrong.


Is there a way to require the user to check the button before they hit the "Submit" button?

Thank you in advance
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
248 Like 43 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Problems generating word documents on server side for security reasons
I have a problem with word documentation generation when generating a word document (docx) with PHP.

Need help making a script that moves data into acrhive table
Hi,

I'm kinda new to php/mysql

And i wrote a simple script to store sales lead for a b

ctype() validation - allowing illegal characters
Hello,
I use ctype() to filter and validate a user form. However, I am trying to allow certain c

a function to check directory depth
I'm working on a php script to upload files in to a set directory.
the user can select to upload

How do I give a developer access to a specific directory and nothing else?
I want to give a develop access to a specific directory and nothing else

I can give them an F

Session login issue
I'm wondering how to fix a problem I'm having with a session-based login system

Say I go to h

how do i display data on a page from mysql
1 - do i use this code at the top of each of my page i wish to only alow access if there as been a s

Query failed issue with php script but works fine in mssql manager!
hi i have the script below which copies data from one table to another but will only insert new data

PHP Display Telephone Number On Referrer
I have used the php below to show a different telephone number in the header of the site depending u

PHP and SMS
Hi all forum members. I am new here and am unsure what category shoild I post this in.
Moderator

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash