Locking mysql tables with php


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi

BACKGROUND:
I have multiple instances of the same php script running in a WAMP environment. The script contains mysql queries to lock certain tables in the database. I'm getting some very odd behaviour which would seem to suggest that the locks are not working, and that one instance of the script is reading from a table that another instance of the script should have a write lock on.
Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.

ACTUAL QUESTION:
Do two instances of the same php script running through WAMP get totally independent locks on tables in a database?

I didn't post this question in the mysql forum because although it is about locking tables, it is about locking tables from the point of view of a php script. Please move it if I have posted in the wrong forum.

Cheers

Paul
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
348 Like 52 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Mail sending is slow on server
Why mail is taking time to be send on apache-linux server

PHP/Database issue
My friend is helping me make a database where you go to a certain webpage of my site and the page wi

Cannot Display Array from Select Statement + Login question
Hi,
I'm new to PHP but so far so goog. I was assigend a project and I'm very close to completion.

need help in php variable
i have a php variable on one page
Code: [Select]$lastId = mysql_insert_id($db);
echo $lastId;<

php - xml what is the best way to do this.
IN essence I want to have a script calling the info from the database.. I have no problem thus far,

column name cancatenation within PL/SQL
I have a PLSQL store procedure, and the following statement is part of a subquery
fname||lnam

Help With editting and deleting form
So look at this image :

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/8272/snapshot5f.png
This table

Need help PLEASE
ok i have this warning showing up

Warning: in_array() [function.in-array]: Wrong datatype for

Saving PHP output as a file
I wondered if anyone knows how to save the rendered output of a PHP script as a file?

I have

Error querying database.
I get the above error when trying to insert some values to a datatable.
Here's the code :

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash