need help in dynamic select menu in php


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

hi i have created a dynamic select menu using php. i have a problem in that which is when the user select any value in that menu and press submit then it does not pass to next page.

my code is here

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
Code: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">
<title>Untitled Document</title>
</head>

<body>
<?php
$db = mysql_connect("localhost");
mysql_select_db("test", $db);
$query = "SELECT * FROM day" or die(mysql_error()); // id='".$id."'
//echo $query;
$result = mysql_query($query) or die(mysql_error());


?>
<form name="form1" method="post" action="date.php">
<label>Date:
<select name="day" id="day">
<?php while( $row = mysql_fetch_array($result) ) { ?>
<option value="<?php $row['id']; ?>"><?php echo $row['day']; ?></option>
<?php } ?>
</select>
</label>
<p>
<label>
<input type="submit" name="button" id="button" value="Submit">
</label>
</p>
</form>
</body>
</html>

the next page is
Code: <?php
$day = $_POST["day"];

echo $day;
?>
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
305 Like 47 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Populate drop down list from table??
Lets say for arguments sake that i have a table which contains the numbers 1 to 10.
How can i get

list files from folder, only one for each date
I have many files in a folder and wish to only list one of each date

these are the file names

gmdate() - want 1 hr before time
Hi,
I am using php gmdate().
Now I am entering all dates in my dbase using gmdate("Y-m-d

Using the $_GET variable to view certain records
Hello,

First let me explain my problem, I have 2 pages the first page pull a list of Guide ti

Undefined index: username HELP NEWBIE
I am trying a simple login/logout for my website. It works well with checking if the username exists

grouping within a foreach?
hello all,

I currently have a list of products spit out from my db via a foreach loop. Right

ASP.NET Validation Event Cycle
Hi,
I have asp button as follow:

Multithreading design
Hi

I have come up with a Singleton class that manages a pool of database connections. Basical

please hep to get values from a table row
can anyone tel me how I can select and get data from one row by pressing an Edit button in that row

output printing as hexadecmal... XD
Everything works except the calcem call for the totusold and totuprice. The out put shows up as hex.

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash