elseif help!


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

OK so I'm new to the site, as well as PHP altogether (Trying my hand at managing an online RPG) and so far it's been quite smooth. However whilst trying to change an aspect of the game from giving the user the location of another user into giving the user the continent another user is in I have become a bit stuck. Here is the original piece of code:

if ($action=="choose")
{
Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
$infoskill=$currentuser["infoskill"];
$infoskill=$infoskill+makeBonus($user,"i",$db);
if ($find=="location")
{
if ($infoskill > 14)
{
$cost=round((15/$infoskill)*300);
if ($cost <20)
{
$cost=20;
}
if ($currentuser["cash"]<$cost)
{
echo " You can't afford that information.
n";
}
else
{
$sql="SELECT * FROM `users` WHERE `name` = '$usertofind' AND `dead` = 'n'";
$userlocationresult = runSQL($sql, $currentuser["admin"]);
if ($userlocation = mysql_fetch_array($userlocationresult))
{
echo " $usertofind is in ".$userlocation["location"].".
n";
runSQL("UPDATE `users` SET `cash`=`cash`-'$cost' WHERE `name`='$user'", $currentuser["admin"]);
}
else
{
echo " The user you entered doesn't exist or is dead.
n";
}
}
}
else
{
echo " You don't have the contacts to find that information.
n";
}
}
elseif ($find=="skills")
{
if ($infoskill > 19)
{
$cost=round((20/$infoskill)*400);
if ($cost <20)
{
$cost=20;
}
if ($currentuser["cash"]<$cost)
{
echo " You can't afford that information.
n";

As you can see in the middle of that piece the user can pay to see the location of another user, providing the target is not dead and the user has enough cash. Now instead of giving the exact location of the target I am trying to group the cities into continents, like so:

if ($action=="choose")
{
$infoskill=$currentuser["infoskill"];
$infoskill=$infoskill+makeBonus($user,"i",$db);
if ($find=="location")
{
if ($infoskill > 14)
{
$cost=round((15/$infoskill)*300);
if ($cost <20)
{
$cost=20;
}
if ($currentuser["cash"]<$cost)
{
echo " You can't afford that information.
n";
}
else
{
$sql="SELECT * FROM `users` WHERE `name` = '$usertofind' AND `dead` = 'n'";
$userlocationresult = runSQL($sql, $currentuser["admin"]);
if ($userlocation = London || Milan || Paris || Dublin || Moscow)
{
echo " $usertofind is in Europe.";
runSQL("UPDATE `users` SET `cash`=`cash`-'$cost' WHERE `name`='$user'", $currentuser["admin"]);
}
elseif ($userlocation = Lagos || Johannesburg || Nairobi)
{
echo " $usertofind is in Africa";
runSQL("UPDATE `users` SET `cash`=`cash`-'$cost' WHERE `name`='$user'", $currentuser["admin"]);
}
elseif ($userlocation = New York || Los Angeles || Dallas)
{
echo " $usertofind is in North America";
runSQL("UPDATE `users` SET `cash`=`cash`-'$cost' WHERE `name`='$user'", $currentuser["admin"]);
}
elseif ($userlocation = Bogota || Rio De Janeiro || Buenos Aires)
{
echo " $usertofind is in South America";
runSQL("UPDATE `users` SET `cash`=`cash`-'$cost' WHERE `name`='$user'", $currentuser["admin"]);
}
elseif ($userlocation = Mexico City || Havana || Kingston)
{
echo " $usertofind is in Central America";
runSQL("UPDATE `users` SET `cash`=`cash`-'$cost' WHERE `name`='$user'", $currentuser["admin"]);
}
else
{
echo " $usertofind is in Asia";
runSQL("UPDATE `users` SET `cash`=`cash`-'$cost' WHERE `name`='$user'", $currentuser["admin"]);
}
}
}
else
{
echo " You don't have the contacts to find that information.
n";
}
}
elseif ($find=="skills")
{
if ($infoskill > 19)
{
$cost=round((20/$infoskill)*400);
if ($cost <20)
{
$cost=20;
}
if ($currentuser["cash"]<$cost)
{
echo " You can't afford that information.
n"

This however gives the following error message:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/a7098669/public_html/getinfo.php on line 158

What can I do to solve this? And instead of giving just text answers could I group the locations into continents and just have one response which would be something like:

"$usertofind is in $continent"

I hope someone can help!

Thanks
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
148 Like 17 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Program with calculate Meteorologic measurements
Hello I'm a beginner and I want to make a program with calculate Meteorologic measurements:
ba

Check if another session of the page is running?
I want to keep people from opening multiple tabs, or sessions of my Facebook app. Is it possible to

How many users online in the last 24-hours using time()?
I'm fairly new to PHP. I have a MySQL table called 'users' and a field called 'loggedin' which is in

Sending UDP Raw socket
I truly need help on this. I am trying to write a test program that simulate a network environment

PHP, jAVASCRIPT setting input values, why isn't it working?
Hi:

I am calling this javascript:
<script language="javascript">

PHP and MySQL Question/Help
I have a MySQL db with all my servers and all their details like server name, IP, OS, RAM etc etc 26

help retrieiving results and doing pagination
Having some trouble trying to get the results to show on more than just one page.

What is ha

Pipe email to PHP - get mail adress from MySQL - send?
Hi all,

this is the challenge:

1) Our faculty at the college where I'm employed includ

DateObject and Nulls
Hi all,

I have an array mapped to a value object. One of the items in the array is a PHP Date

how can we add data from dynamic fields to mysql db in php
i have a script which i found on the internet. i modify that script according to my needs. what is i

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash