mysql_real_escape_string making variable equal nothing


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

i post a form and i post the variable:
Code: $var = $_POST[variable];then i echo $var its what i submitted the variable to be.
then i add the mysql_real_escape_string() function to it
spell it correctly too
Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
Code: $var = mysql_real_escape_string($_POST[variable]);then i echo the variable it equals nothing?
why?
is it because i havent added a mysql query on yet or what?
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
316 Like 44 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

MS are the best!!!
Visit http://www.microsoft.com/australia/windows/default.aspx?h=watch-a-demo and click the massive '

Query output more than expected
$query=mysql_query("SELECT * FROM players, communities, divisions WHERE dob BETWEEN '{$start_da

Packet Design
Hi All,
Im new about network programming and I want to design a protocol but I have some question

Help! refer to a friend script with captcha code
Hi guys, I am posting on here in desperate need for some help with an ongoing search I have been doi

Get word number x from string?
How can I use a function to loop through a string, and "have a look at" every word in the

Drawing Images in classes
I'm quite new to Object Oriented PHP. What I'm trying to do is draw some images but also have other

php wont update my db
hello,

sorry for posting in mysql forum but i dont know where exactly is the problem but here

adding 0 to numbers
Hey guys i need to create a 00001 number in a loop. Is there a better way of forcing a 5 digit numbe

Streaming local file from PHP while it’s been written to by a CURL process
I am creating a simple Proxy server for my website. Why I am not using mod_proxy and mod_cache is a

cPanel API
Hi Guys,

Need a little guidance. I'm trying to get my script to communicate with cPanel (or W

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash