Find only certain URLs from page ... regex (semi-complete script)


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi guys,

What I need to do is take a page & extract all the URLs from the page & place them in an array.

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
However I only need to grab certain URLS

eg.

site1.com
site1.com/folder/thisfile.zip
site2.com
site2.com/some/folder/or/subfolder/1.mp3
site3.com

but then leave out of the array

site4.com
site5.com/the/script/needs/to/be/able/to/grab/sub/folders/and/files/2.mp3


Here's the script I've got so far but this will grab ALL the links ... so I need to modify this & perhaps use an if or switch statement to check whether it's a link I actually want...


<?php

$string = '<a href="http://www.example.com">Example.com</a> has many links with
examples <a href="http://www.example.net/file.php">links</a> to many sites and
even urls without links like http://www.example.org just to fill the gaps and
not to forget this one http://phpro.org/tutorials/Introduction-to-PHP-Regex.html
which has a space after it. The script has been modifiied from its original so now
it grabs ssl such as https://www.example.com/file.php also';

/**
*
* @get URLs from string (string maybe a url)
*
* @param string $string
*
* @return array
*
*/
function getUrls($string)
{
$regex = '/https?://[^" ]+/i';
preg_match_all($regex, $string, $matches);
return ($matches[0]);
}

$urls = getUrls($string);

foreach($urls as $url)
{
echo $url.'<br />';
}

?>
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
339 Like 23 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

check how many commas the variable containing the query has between [i]select[/i
Hi...

iv made an sql table that contains id number - name of sql query and an sql query.
T

Check before inserting in DB ???
This is my code
---------------
if ( $_POST ['Submit'])
{{
$username = $_POST ['usernm

phpMailer will not connect using SMTP
I am trying to use phpMailer with smtp:

Code: [Select]$mailer = new PHPMailer();
$mailer-&

noob cURL help
I have a pretty basic form that I need to cURL post to a file in my includes folder (includes/login.

Scene graph using Direct3D?
There are several C++ scene graph based packages available for OpenGl, like say OSG,

http://w

article site help remaining text
Hi all hope you will be fine
I am creating a article site in this site i want to put some text on

Not capturing all the information we require in the form.......
Hi Guys,

I was wondering if you would share some more of your knowledge today, I'm hoping it

ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied
Dear All,

I am facing problem in taken backup from db13 it comes up with the following l

Loops and Classes
I am making a template system and everything seems to be going well up until I have to loop in a var

php ajax - two drop down list with a submit button
i have created a form with 2 drop-down list and a submit button. I would like to know how to pass th

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash