preg-match with a string and numbers


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi, I can't get the expression to work for my preg_match, what I'd like is for it to match the string, but only if it is accompanied by a letter, not a number. So if a string was found with a number after it, it would pass, but fail if there where letters.
I have this but it doesn't work:

if(!preg_match("/table-/+[abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz]", $string, $dump)) {
Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
//do stuff
}
Thanks for any help.
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
338 Like 39 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Extract specific information from a PHP Multidimensional Array
Howdy! I've racked my brain over this for 24 hours now. I think it's time I asked for help. I'm lear

php not working written for consumption of slots
1. Here is the function where i will be allowed to consume the slot booked by me.

2. Here i c

Why will this program not run if the variables are not global?
Hey guys I have a kind of perplexing situation that is probably simple, but I can't seem to understa

Displaying a clickable playername
I am going wrong somewhere with the mysql_query, can someone please put me straight?

$playern

date function help
i need help with date function

Code: [Select]<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD H

simplexml and xpath - Need some help
Hello,

I am trying to parse an xml which comes back from Amazon and I am trying to know how m

Ajax Issues - Update Panel / Timer. Intellisense doesn't know about them
Type 'System.Web.UI.ScriptManager' does not have a public property named 'UpdatePanel'. That is wha

Header redirect
Hello ive got a problem ive got form with its action set to itself.
Code: <form id="f

Form a inline view based on the results of the previous query?
Hi Experts,
Can we form a inline view on the results of a previous query (another inline view)?

Captcha problem users just refresh and it will let them auto submit again
Users will just re submit and not have to enter the new captcha.. ? Lol but if i refresh the page, t

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash