form class help (oop php5)


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hidy Ho Neighbors,

I'm forcing myself to learn oop/classes for php5. It seems like a good idea for repetitious coding such as with forms. I've been through the oop tutorials here and elswhere in books.-if i see another Pet example..uhhg lol - and they do make sense but when trying to implement my own stuff it all falls apart.

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
My pathetic, broken example below attempts at creating form text inputs and checking the inputs when submitted. And if submitted the "value=" attribute of the form is updated with the posted value thereby making the form "sticky".

With procedural methods I have no problems creating vars dynamically from loops, checking and manipulating forms etc...but this object/class stuff has me stumped.

Code: [Select]<?php
ini_set ("display_errors", "1");
error_reporting(E_ALL);

class Form {

private $inp;
private $flag;
private $count;
private $maxChar;

public function Check_form(){
if (isset($_POST['form'])){
$d = array_pop($_POST);//remove "submit" value from $_POST array
foreach($_POST as $key=>$value){
static $i=1;
$inp = 'inp'.$i;
$this->$inp = $value;
$i++;
}
$this->count = count($_POST);
return true;
}else{
return false;
}
}

function text_input($text='enter',$maxChar = '10') {

if($this->Check_form()){ //make forms sticky (replace input values if filled out)
echo 'form is set<br />';//test
for($i=1; $i<=$this->count; $i++) {
$text = $inp . $i;
}
}

$this->maxChar = 'maxlength = ' .'"'.$maxChar.'"';
$maxChar = $this->maxChar;
static $i=1;
echo "<p><input type="text" name="text_$i" value="$text" $maxChar /></p>";
$i++;

}
}// End of Form class.

echo '<form action="oopForm2.php" method="post" enctype="multipart/form-data" name="theForm">';
$myForm = new Form();
$input_box1 = $myForm->text_input('enter text',20);
$input_box2 = $myForm->text_input('enter more',20);
echo '<input type="submit" name="form" value="submit" />';
echo '</form>';

unset($myForm);
?>
It's terrible I know, some advice would be greatly appretiated..sample code? even better. Thanks
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
187 Like 34 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Simple email form - Newbie
Hello all,

First time poster!

I've been asked to create a simple HTML form that submit

Content-Disposition: attachment; filename=... not working as i thought it should
taken the following code from the php.net site the script is not working.

what is not happeni

[PHP HELP] Php order form.
Hello to everyone @ phpfreaks. Im new to this site and hope to learn lots of things here.

Fir

Help with page encoding issue and weird characters
I'm trying to write a screen scraper and when I pull out the lines of the html file that I'm interes

How to get variable value on next page
Hello friends
i am working on payentry page ..there i have this code.........

Querying info from one table based on info in another
Hi, I am currently trying to make a part for my user driven website where one user can subscribe to

Can I call a class inside a function?
I have a class written in another file that handles my image resizing.

Can I do this (php say

get the country of visitor and display content based on that
Hello all,

I have seen that Google analytics can tell you where a visitor is coming from and

Ariba 9r - SAP MM Integration
Hi experts,

The standard Ariba adapter for 9r creates a relationship between Cost Centers

How to store checkbox array in a session, and then be able to add to it?
I'm trying to store an array of checkbox values into a session array, sort of like a shopping cart,

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash