Performance impact of cookies

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi, I was just wondering what impact there would be in terms of performance if you where to set then increment the value of a cookie on each page of a site.

Also, being a server side script; how exactly does php retrieve the value of a cookie?

Does the server need to request then wait for the appropriate cookie before displaying any content?

Wouldn't this be slower than querying a database?

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
212 Like 53 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Tree Menu
Hi guys,

Can anyone help me making a tree navigation system? I have a site where I'm allowin

Looking for help on using joining mysql tables and php....
Does anyone have any good links to references on how to pull mysql data, through joining tables and

getting Vars to pass to next page.
Hello all,
I have a confusing situation on my hands, i am a member of a gaming community and we

Query issues
I probably have this setup wrong well I know I do because nothing is showing up now. What I want is

problem with php mysql query
Hi guy's...

I'm totally lost here..because don't have any idea how to make a query for grab r

pull content
I have an existing page, domain/adverts.php which has a good PR. I've just rebuilt my site and the n

Ajax not working on IE 6 for Windows CE
I've created a webpage which uses the classis Ajax in following format:view plaincopy to clipboardpr

Insert numbers from Barcode scanner into online php page
I have a real big problem, Here is what I'm trying to do. I have a Intermec CN3 handheld computer th

Displaying image pathname instead of image
Hello

Im trying to upload and then display images from a mysql database - Its only basic and

php or sql?
Sorry not sure if this is a sql problem or php the following code is supposed to delete data from th

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash