[RESOLVED] Socket/Port remains open after app crashes


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

I'm having this problem with a networked app in vb.net.

If the program exits normally the port closes fine, however, if it crashes sometimes it remains open and I am unable to close it. The next time I run the program it is unable to open the port because it is already in use. Here's the exception:
10048: Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permittedAny ideas on how I can reclaim this port, or how I can close it?
Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
I tried using the reuse address socket option

Code: SetSocketOption(SocketOptionLevel.Socket, SocketOptionName.ReuseAddress, 1) but that just opens the port again and does not close the old one. see this netstat output:

TCP PCISERVER:14000 PCISERVER.cpwpci.cpwgroup.net:0 LISTENING 4320
[System]

TCP PCISERVER:14000 PCISERVER.cpwpci.cpwgroup.net:0 LISTENING 5808
[System]

TCP PCISERVER:14001 PCISERVER.cpwpci.cpwgroup.net:0 LISTENING 5808
[System]

TCP PCISERVER:14001 PCISERVER.cpwpci.cpwgroup.net:0 LISTENING 4320
[System]

As you can see once the program exits the ports remain opened by the System process.
I don't know of a way to stop them from listening besides a restart.
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
87 Like 27 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

frames get header location..
i have two frames, one top, one bottom. how do i do a form on the bottom frame that gives me the ur

Pass sql into pl/sql and create RMAN duplicate script.
Hi,

I'm new to pl/sql and I'm trying to write a script that will generate some RMAN comma

What's best way to get a user's Word doc converted to simple html and images?
Hi all,

I was just wondering if anybody has any experience of this.
Basically, I'm buildin

Multiple websites question.
Hi, does php have any functionality that enables a programmer to extract information from a website

Redirect not working after making a POST/GET
Hi Everyone,

I am a novice in PHP. Here I have 2 pages, one page with a textbox and button an

Undefined offset when using a flat file with pipe symbols
Hi, I've got a flat file/text file which I'm currently using as a member database for my site (not a

Get word number x from string?
How can I use a function to loop through a string, and "have a look at" every word in the

SAP FICO learning materials
Hi all,
I am new to this world of SAP FICO. I have taken training on SAP FICO, but was wonderin

ORA-01655: unable to extend cluster SYS.C_FILE#_BLOCK# by 128
Hi all,

Oracle 10g. Linux.

I'm facing the below error while trying to import a dumpfil

What makes a script your own?
If someone finds a login script online, and changes some variable names around and some other minor

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash