gather checkbox data from form into email

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hello all,

First, i'd like to thank everyone who responded to my previous posts regarding setting up an SMTP server for my php form. I ended up figuring it out and my form is up and functioning, sending me formatted html emails flawlessly.

But... step two in my process, is now i have to figure out how to pass my checkbox values into the email...

I had previously had the checkboxes commented out while i was trying to just get the form working, but now that i have done that i have to figure out these checkboxes.

my form can be seen here....

http://www.adobedayevents.com/project_request/project_request.php

all the values (other than the checkboxes) are passing to my send_request.php page, and are all sending to my email address formatted. But now i need to figure out how to take my checkbox data and pass it through the send_request.php page and send in the email.

Here is the checkbox...(only posting checkbox because the form is huge and i alredy got everything else working...)

Code: <label><strong>Company/Customer Name:</strong></label><br/>
<input type="text" name="company_customer_name" /><br/><br/>

<label><strong>Please indicate the materials required (check all that apply):</strong></label><br/>
<input type="checkbox" name="check_1" value=".html email invitation" />&nbsp;&nbsp;<label><strong>.html email invitation</strong></label><br/>
<input type="checkbox" name="check_2" value="agenda" />&nbsp;&nbsp;<label><strong>agenda</strong></label><br/>
<input type="checkbox" name="check_3" value="registration site (confirmation email, (2) reminder emails" />&nbsp;&nbsp;<label><strong>registration site (confirmation email, (2) reminder emails</strong></label><br/>
<input type="checkbox" name="check_4" value="Thank You Emails" />&nbsp;&nbsp;<label><strong>"Thank You" Emails</strong></label><br/>
<input type="checkbox" name="check_5" value="Signage" />&nbsp;&nbsp;<label><strong>Signage</strong></label><br/>
<input type="checkbox" name="check_6" value="Email Broadcasts" />&nbsp;&nbsp;<label><strong>Email Broadcast(s)</strong></label><br/>
<input type="checkbox" name="check_7" value="Report prepupload" />&nbsp;&nbsp;<label><strong>Report prep/upload</strong></label><br/><br/>
here is where all my values from the all the text fields and dropdowns are pulled in...

Code: <?PHP
$to = "rkettering@jpenterprises.com";
$nameto = "Randy Kettering";
$from = "admin@adobedayevents.com";
$namefrom = "Adobe Day Events Administrator";
$subject = "Project Request";

$field_mark_manager = $_POST['1_mark_manager'];
$comp_cust_name = $_POST['company_customer_name'];

//retrieve checkbox variable here

$icf_source_code = $_POST['icf_source_code'];
$lead_code = $_POST['lead_code'];
$product_interest = $_POST['product_interest'];
$add_product_interest = $_POST['additional_product_interest'];
$number_of_units = $_POST['2_units_number'];
$purchase_timeline = $_POST['3_purchase_timeline'];
$industry = $_POST['4_industry'];
$employee_range = $_POST['5_employee_range'];
$revenue_range = $_POST['6_revenue_range'];
$due_date_month = $_POST['7_month'];
$due_date_day = $_POST['8_day'];
$due_date_year = $_POST['9_year'];
$additional_comm = $_POST['additional_comments'];

$message = "Field Marketing Manager: $field_mark_manager<br />
Company/Customer Name: $comp_cust_name<br />
ICF Source Code: $icf_source_code<br />
Lead Code: $lead_code<br />
Product Interest: $product_interest<br />
Additional Product Interest: $add_product_interest<br />
Number of Units: $number_of_units<br />
Purchase Timeline: $purchase_timeline<br />
Industry: $industry<br />
Employee Range: $employee_range<br />
Revenue Range: $revenue_range<br />
Due Date: $due_date_month $due_date_day, $due_date_year<br />
Additional Comments: $additional_comm";

authSendEmail($from, $namefrom, $to, $nameto, $subject, $message);
?>

as you can see, first im pulling in all the variables from the form. Then, $message echoes them all out so that they are all on their own line. Can anybody help me figure out how to get the checkbox data to pass and post into the email? i can post a screenshot of how the email looks when its sent if that will help anyone understand better.

Are the 'name' values on my checkboxes correct? or should they all be named the same?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Randy Kettering

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
101 Like 11 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

sapgui f4 help last search
I know this has to be simople. One user (maybe more) does not have the "last search saved" from the

How could I do this?
Ive got a simple lottery game, and am using an sql database to keep track of the numbers bought. But

Check premium expire
Hi,

I am making a simple file hosting site and want to check if users premium subscriptions h

PECL uploadprogress for php5.2
Hey, I just installed PHP5 via .htaccess on my 1and1 Shared Hosting Account.

How would I exac

check how many commas the variable containing the query has between [i]select[/i
Hi...

iv made an sql table that contains id number - name of sql query and an sql query.
T

Batch Related Pricing
Hi, I need some clarity on the batch related pricing

For example the following are the b

Execure stored procedure on a timer
Can someone tell me an easier way to execute a stored procedure on a timer? I am using Oracle 10g R

Problem with passing variables
I'm not really a php programmer so I'm really struggling with this issue.

I have a banner s

I need help on this PHP code
Hi everybody, I made some kind of mistake while editing the code below. As you see, at the 3 row my

extending tidy
I have problem with type-hinting and extending tidy. This code creates error:
Code: class cMyTidy

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash