Calander Basic Spript help


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

hi, just starting out with PHP and have the following script:

<?php
//This gets today's date
Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
$date =time () ;

//This puts the day, month, and year in seperate variables
$day = date('d', $date) ;
$month = date('m', $date) ;
$year = date('Y', $date) ;

//Here we generate the first day of the month
$first_day = mktime(0,0,0,$month, 1, $year) ;

//This gets us the month name
$title = date('F', $first_day) ;

//Here we find out what day of the week the first day of the month falls on
$day_of_week = date('D', $first_day) ;

//today date
$today = date('j',$date);


//Once we know what day of the week it falls on, we know how many blank days occure before it. If the first day of the week is a Sunday then it would be zero
switch($day_of_week){
case "Sun": $blank = 0; break;
case "Mon": $blank = 1; break;
case "Tue": $blank = 2; break;
case "Wed": $blank = 3; break;
case "Thu": $blank = 4; break;
case "Fri": $blank = 5; break;
case "Sat": $blank = 6; break;
}

//We then determine how many days are in the current month
$days_in_month = cal_days_in_month(0, $month, $year) ;

//Here we start building the table heads
echo "<table border=1 width=294>";
echo "<tr><th colspan=7> $title $year </th></tr>";
echo "<tr><td width=42>S</td><td width=42>M</td><td width=42>T</td><td width=42>W</td><td width=42>T</td><td width=42>F</td><td width=42>S</td></tr>";

//This counts the days in the week, up to 7
$day_count = 1;

echo "<tr>";
//first we take care of those blank days
while ( $blank > 0 )
{
echo "<td></td>";
$blank = $blank-1;
$day_count++;
}

//sets the first day of the month to 1
$day_num = 1;

//count up the days, untill we've done all of them in the month
while ( $day_num <= $days_in_month )
{

$day_num++;
$day_count++;

//Make sure we start a new row every week
if ($day_count > 7)
{
echo "</tr><tr>";
$day_count = 1;
}
}

//Finaly we finish out the table with some blank details if needed
while ( $day_count >1 && $day_count <=7 )
{
echo "<td> </td>";
$day_count++;
}

echo "</tr></table>";



?>

How can I add some code to highlight what the current day is?

Thanks
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
188 Like 40 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

help retrieiving results and doing pagination
Having some trouble trying to get the results to show on more than just one page.

What is ha

Pspell with my own dictionary
Hello!
I've tested two cases using pspell functions.
1)
Code: $dictionary_link = pspell_new

please help me... my password gets encrypted but not able to get in database
hai guys,
please help me... in the following function my password gets encrypted but no

HeaderSelectedCssClass not working
I have an accordian where I have a drop down list in the first pane and a grid in the second pane.

CHECK A STRING FOR ' " ' (DOUBLE QUOTES)
I am checking for delimiter (.!?) and if there is a " after a sentence then it should neglect a

Displaying a clickable playername
I am going wrong somewhere with the mysql_query, can someone please put me straight?

$playern

highlighting search terms
well, I started this in the regular PHP section, but it no longer fits there. Suffice it to say, I'm

want a code for uploading and downloading
i m trying to upload and download to my site..i need upload and download code ...i use a code for up

Update not working ... please help
Hi,

I am trying to update a row using an edit form by passing id of the row .. but it is not

Taylor Series Function
So I am working a a project for my intro C++ class, and I am having some trouble with a function for

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash