upload form file types....


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hey all, I am learning PHP and I am writing a script from the W3C Schools tutorials for uploading files to my server. I want to be able to use it for a friend to upload files to my server (I know to be careful). I only want it to be able to allow those images, exe, rar and zip files, no ISO's, .IMG's etc... I understand how the code works and have added and extra image file extension, but how would I add .exe, .zip and .rar? I thought maybe app/exe etc... and tried it, but I don't think it worked, files aren't being uploaded other than the images. All my permissions are set right and my test files sizes are ok.
What I am is asking is what is the code to allow those 3 file types to be uploaded?

Here is my code:
Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
Code: <?php
if (((($_FILES["file"]["type"] == "image/gif")
|| ($_FILES["file"]["type"] == "image/jpeg")
|| ($_FILES["file"]["type"] == "image/png")
|| ($_FILES["file"]["type"] == "image/pjpeg")))
&& ($_FILES["file"]["size"] < 8000000))
{
if ($_FILES["file"]["error"] > 0)
{
echo "Return Code: " . $_FILES["file"]["error"] . "<br />";
}
else
{
echo "Upload: " . $_FILES["file"]["name"] . "<br />";
echo "Type: " . $_FILES["file"]["type"] . "<br />";
echo "Size: " . ($_FILES["file"]["size"] / 1024) . " Kb<br />";
echo "Temp file: " . $_FILES["file"]["tmp_name"] . "<br />";

if (file_exists("upload/" . $_FILES["file"]["name"]))
{
echo $_FILES["file"]["name"] . " already exists. ";
}
else
{
move_uploaded_file($_FILES["file"]["tmp_name"],
"upload/" . $_FILES["file"]["name"]);
echo "Stored in: " . "upload/" . $_FILES["file"]["name"];
}
}
}
else
{
echo "Invalid file";
}
?>
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
100 Like 10 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

php problem?
I don't think I'm stupid, but maybe I am.

I am working on a sit for a friend I am try to put

Displaying data from database into a 2 dimensional table
Good day!

I'm a beginner in PHP and I'm not expecting a full coding for this qestion. I'm jus

Form errors in an array
I'm processing a form and putting the errors in an array. empty($errors) doesn't seem to do the tric

removing space from the end of a variable
i have a variable $image which contains the following url "http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/oo/P5/0m

help me, how to find text on an external html site using PHP
Would anyone know how to search an external html file for a work or phrase ?

I was thinking s

PHP not creating file.
Its supposed to create a .ini file in the /scriptfiles/users/ with the name they entered into the fi

is this the proper use of mysql_real_escape_string() to prevent sql injections?
i was wondering is this the proper use of mysql_real_escape_string() to prevent sql injections? any

SHOW TABLES Help
Hi all

I have the following

Code: [Select]<?php
$sql = "SHOW TABLES&quo

Reduce redundancies in switch functions?
Hello all! I somewhat new to PHP, and was wondering if anyone could give some suggestions on a swit

Stuck with preg_replace
Hi,

I'm trying to use preg_replace to remove part of the IP address submitted using a form on

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash