Having Problem with Date


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

l have a submit buttom where user have the possibility to add a date to specify when his message should be made reachable online.

I have seen a bug which l am not having a clue to solve and l need help.

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
Any time a user tries to edit his text, the edit formular opens with a given dateon 1999.11.30 and a dateof of 1999.11.30

For God sake l got no clue where these date digits are coming from.
This outdated problem doesn´t allow ediiting to save well.

Enclosed is my code.

MAybe one could figure out where l am going wrong.


Thanks in advance

Code: if(isset($_POST['save'])) {
// Saving Edited Formular

$message = "";
$maintext = htmlentities($_POST['maintext']);
$shorttext = $_POST['shorttext'];
$title = htmlentities($_POST['title']);
$linked = $_POST['linked'];
$dateon = ($_POST['startdate']);
$dateoff = ($_POST['enddate']);

if($lang == "ger") {
if(! empty($dateon)) {
$on = explode(".", $dateon);
if(count($on) == 3 && checkdate($on[1], $on[0], $on[2]))
$dateon = date("Y-m-d", mktime(0, 0, 0, $on[1], $on[0], $on[2]));
else
$status = 5;
}
if(! empty($dateoff)) {
$off = explode(".", $dateoff);
if(count($off) == 3 && checkdate($off[1], $off[0], $off[2]))
$dateoff = date("Y-m-d", mktime(0, 0, 0, $off[1], $off[0], $off[2]));
else
$status = 5;

}
}
else if ($lang != "ger") {
if(!empty($dateon)) {
$on = explode(".", $dateon);
if(count($on) == 3 && checkdate($on[1], $on[2], $on[0]))
$dateon = date("Y-m-d", mktime(0, 0, 0, $on[1], $on[2], $on[0]));
else
$status = 5;
}

if(!empty($dateoff)) {
$off = explode(".", $dateoff);
if(count($off) == 3 && checkdate($off[1], $off[2], $off[0]))
$dateoff = date("Y-m-d", mktime(0, 0, 0, $off[1], $off[2], $off[0]));
else
$status = 5;
}
}
if(empty($status)) {
if(isset($parent)) {
$resDate = my_sql_query("SELECT date_on, date_off FROM navi WHERE nid=$parent", "");
if(isset($resDate[0]))
$status = 2;
$catDateOn = $resDate[1][0]['date_on'];
$catDateOff = $resDate[1][0]['date_off'];
}
if(!empty($catDateOn) && !empty($dateon) && $catDateOn > $dateon) {
$status = 7;
}
else if(!empty($catDateOff) && !empty($dateoff) && $catDateOff < $dateoff) {
$status = 8;
}
else if($dateon != "" && $dateoff != "" && $dateon > $dateoff) {
$status = 9;
}


The Html Formular

Code:
$result = my_sql_query("SELECT date_on, date_off FROM navi WHERE nid=$sel AND is_campaign IS NOT NULL","");
if(!isset($result[0])) {
#$dateon = $result[1][0]["date_on"];
#$dateoff = $result[1][0]['date_off'];
if($lang == "ger") {
if($dateon != "") {
$on = explode("-", $dateon);
if(count($on) == 3)
$dateon = date("d.m.Y", mktime(0, 0, 0, $on[1], $on[2], $on[0]));
}
if($dateoff != "") {
$off = explode("-", $dateoff);
if(count($off) == 3)
$dateoff = date("d.m.Y", mktime(0, 0, 0, $off[1], $off[2], $off[0]));
}
} else {
if($dateon != "") {
$on = explode("-", $dateon);
if(count($on) == 3)
$dateon = date("Y-m-d", mktime(0, 0, 0, $on[1], $on[2], $on[0]));
}
if($dateoff != "") {
$off = explode("-", $dateoff);
if(count($off) == 3)
$dateoff = date("Y-m-d", mktime(0, 0, 0, $off[1], $off[2], $off[0]));
}
}
}

echo "<tr>n"
."<td width='10%'></td>n"
."<td width='800px' align='center' colspan='3'><br />"._FROM."&nbsp<input name='startdate' type='text' value='$dateon' size='15' maxlength='10'>&nbsp;&nbsp;"._TO."&nbsp<input name='enddate' type='text' value='$dateoff' size='15' maxlength='10'</td>n"
."<td width='10%'></td>n"
."</tr>n"
."<tr>n"
."<td width='10%'></td>n"
."<td width='800px' align='center' colspan='3'><br /><input type='submit' name='save' value='"._SAVE."' id='button'>&nbsp;&nbsp;<input type='submit' name='reset3' value='"._RESET."' id='button'></td>n"
#."<td width='10%'></td>n"
."</tr>n";

echo "</table><br /></td></tr></table><br /><br /><br />n"
."</div>n"
."</form>n";
echo "<script>document.form1.title.focus();</script>n";
echo "<script>textCounter(document.form1.shorttext, document.form1.countChars, $numberChars);</script>";
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
153 Like 53 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Send inserts to mysql thru port 80
Hi!

I have an application that must do some inserts in a mysql db. This db is behind a firewa

What is SAP Avatar ?
Hi All,

This G.Satish , my boss asked me to explore on SAP Avatar. I searced in internet

Bandwidth monitoring?
Hi guys,

I need a little information I have written a php app and I occurred to that I need

Problem displaying "scraped" XML data
I'm basicly having trouble displaying XML data scraped from an URL using cURL.

What the code

Bit manipulation program with binary operations
My homework is to create a program to scan in and add binary numbers and print them like so

ALV sum various columns problem
Hi all,
I'm doing a report on ABAP for a timesheet of the current month. The output i want is s

Download Image from URL and Upload it
Ok, I have been googling for the last 1/2 hour trying to figure this out, Most likely I'm just not s

Quick variable question
hey guys/gals,
im trying to write a php script and it works fine as i have it, but i need to set

output printing as hexadecmal... XD
Everything works except the calcem call for the totusold and totuprice. The out put shows up as hex.

Count number of records in all the tables with a querry URGENT PLEASE...
I downloaded ORACLE 9I DATA DUMP into my comp. There are number of tables. I need to find out the

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash