mysql query with single quotes in a variable

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

$sitedetails = "INSERT INTO vars (address, sitename, description, ownername, theme) VALUES ('$url', '$sitename', '$description', '$ownername', '$theme') ";
mysql_query($sitedetails) or die(mysql_error()); // site details in mysql

If say $sitename = "scott nicol's blog"; - this will give me:
Code: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 's blog test', 'scott nicol', 'scott nicol', 'default')' at line 1
I know it's due to the single quite in 'nicol's', how do I keep the quote, but stop this error?

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
84 Like 52 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

no idea what to do...
I'm fed up. I had issues with code that I have working on a different site that didn't work on my cu

DateTimeZone::listIdentifiers headache
http://php.net/manual/en/datetimezone.listidentifiers.php

So the documentation states tha

Syntax error
hi im having a little trobble with this script
-------------------------------------------------

quick question about System Change Number(SCN) in FlashBack Query topic
i know tht we can get the SCN of the database using flashback concept as follows

SQL>

I face problems to extract data from one table and insert it in another one
Hi,

For modifications, I have to extract data from one table and insert it in another one

simplexml_load_file and rss problem
Hi,

I have a problem parsing an rss feed using simplexml_load_file - this is strange as i hav

What makes a script your own?
If someone finds a login script online, and changes some variable names around and some other minor

Not sure why this script is not working?
Hi I am new to php programing and I was trying to make up a simple script like a captcha but I canno

problems with search form numerical "between" sending by php
I am trying to display the results of a search, on a sql database, on a web page. I set up html &quo

fire away
i launched about 4 months ago as a lagit co. i have 2 paying clients, 1probono, 1 side progect, and

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash