help with php


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

It's not displaying or pulling anything out of the database.


Code: <html>
Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
<head>
<title>Hale's Music World: Inventory Search Results</title>
</head>
<body>
<table border="1" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" width="56%" id="table1" height="129">
<tr>
<td bgcolor="#008000" colspan"3"> </td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="3">
<p align="center"><font size="5" color="#0000FF"><b>Inventory Search Results</font></td></tr>
<tr>
<td bgcolor="#008000" colspan="3"> </td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td width="33" align="center">
<font size="4" color="#008000">
<u>Artist</u></font></td>
<td width="33%" align="center">
<font size="4" color="#008000">
<u>Title</u></font></td>
<td width="33%" align="center">
<font size="4" color="#008000">
<u>Genre</u></font></td>
</tr>

<?php

$link = mysql_connect('localhost','halesuser','hales123db');
mysql_select_db("halesmusicworld", $link);

if ( isset( $_POST['Artist_Search'] ) AND $_POST['Artist_Search'] == 1 ) {
echo '1';
$artist_search = mysql_real_escape_string( $_POST["Artist_Search"] ) . '1' ;
$query = "select * from inventory where artist like '%" . $artist_search . "%'";
$result = mysql_query( "SELECT * FROM inventory", $link );
$num_rows = mysql_num_rows( $result );
echo 'Number of matching records=' . $num_rows . '<hr>';
}

if ( isset( $_POST['Title_Search'] ) AND $_POST['Title_Search'] == 2 ) {
echo '2';
$title_search = mysql_real_espace_string( $_POST["Title_Search"] ) . '2' ;
$query = "select * from inventory where title like '%" . $title_search . "%'";
$result = mysql_query( "SELECT * FROM inventory", $link );
$num_rows = mysql_num_rows( $result );
echo 'Number of matching records='. $num_rows . '<hr>';
}

if ( isset( $_POST['Genre_Search'] ) AND $_POST['Genre_Search'] == 3 ) {
echo '3';
$genre_search=$_POST ['Genre'] ;
$query= "select * from inventory where genre like '%".$genre_search."%'";
$query_results=mysql_query($query);
$match_results=mysql_num_rows($query_results);
echo 'Number of matching records='.$match_results. '<hr>';
}
echo '</tr>';

for ($i=0; $i < $match_results; $i++)
{
echo '<tr>';
$row=mysql_fetch_array($query_results);

echo '<td align="center">', ($row ['artist'] ), '</td>';

echo '<td align="center">', ($row ['title'] ), '</td>';
echo '<td align="center">', ($row ['genre'] ), '</td> </tr>';
}

?>
<tr>
<td bgcolor="#008000" colspan="3"> </td>
</tr>
</table>
<p align="center"><i>
<a href="HalesMusicWorld_Home.html">
<font face="Arial" size="5">
Return to </font></a><font face="Arial" size="5"> <a href="HalesMusicWorld_Home.html">HalesMusicWorld Home</font></i></p>

</body>
</html>
It gives me the following error message:

[/size][/font]Notice: Undefined variable: match_results in C:wampwwwinventory_search.php on line 61

I believe it has something to do with this line of code :

for ($i=0; $i < $match_results; $i++)
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
237 Like 54 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

do while conditions
i want to display 6 images in a 2x3 table
now what would be the correct logic to
count that th

RSS poster script?
I have found a script that posts RSS's for me on a site that I'm building. However I would like to a

why does my session end?
my connect.php starts the session just so you know
i can navigate arround my site fine except whe

Update Database
Hi All,


I have a problem with this:

Code: [Select]<?php
session_start();

Any Good MMORPGs you've played?
I'm about to have ALOT of free time on my hands (finished highschool) and I need something to fill t

How to get all server headers like Live http Headers does
Hey all, like many of you I use the Firefox addon "Live http Headers". I'm trying to write

Socket Server Response Headers
Earlier I had a post about my Socket Server, I wasn't able to get it to connect, now I can

I

order by date not ID number help php
I am trying to orginize the following code to order by date not id number.
any help would be grea

Mysql query, two times?
Hello to all,

I'm new to php coding and i like it alot. I need help with some noob stuff.

Slashes
Have a small problem and I'm not able to understand why I'm getting the results I'm getting... and i

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash