how to make database item unique


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hey guys,

is it possible to do this:

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
I have the database item $title being pulled for the title and the actual clickable part of a link.

Is it possible to make the $title in the link title unique?

I ask because i'm truncating the clickable text with this code:

Code: $maxChars = 28;
if(strlen($row['album']) > $maxChars) {
$row['album'] = substr($row['album'], 0, $maxChars - 3);
$row['album'] .= "...";
}
and the link title shows the truncated version to. If i could make the clickable link or the title $title unique then i could have the full db item for the title and still have it truncated for the clickable text.

Anyone know if this is possible?
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
283 Like 26 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

socket communication between c++/java and sending image
hi,

i have a class in c++ called win32_sockserver which creates socket to java. i am trying

php - xml what is the best way to do this.
IN essence I want to have a script calling the info from the database.. I have no problem thus far,

Pulling out some result data from MYSQL
Hey Guys,

I've built a PHP page that has a for just imagine something like registration form

Getting rid of quotes when printing data
Hi Guys, I use the filter_var FILTER_SANITIZE_STRING to filter the textarea input. The function esca

what are '%S%', '%E%'
for example when i see Code: [Select]printf("Hello %srn", $name);
what does %s means

PHP error on MySQL insert
I'm sure it's the simplest of issues, but I can't recall why this isn't working.

Code: [Selec

IF STATEMENT HELP
Hi
i have created a calendar from a table:

Code: Calendar: October 2009
<table w

Facebook status update API
Hello,

So, I'm trying to create my first Facebook application with PHP.

Basic ideas fo

upload form file types....
Hey all, I am learning PHP and I am writing a script from the W3C Schools tutorials for uploading fi

Local file browser with php
Halo..

So this is what i want to create. I have a folder that i share and it has many movies.

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash