InternetOpenUrl() Invalid cert

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi all,

Does anyone know how to prevent calls to InternetOpenUrl() from failing with error 12045 (ERROR_INTERNET_INVALID_CA)? I have the following code below:

Code: HINTERNET IntOpen = ::InternetOpen(L"Sample", LOCAL_INTERNET_ACCESS, NULL, 0, 0); HINTERNET handle = ::InternetOpenUrl(IntOpen, L"https://192.168.1.10/file.txt", NULL, NULL, INTERNET_FLAG_IGNORE_CERT_CN_INVALID, NULL); if (handle == NULL) { cout << "Error opening URL, " << GetLastError(); return 1; } char buf[1024]; DWORD dwRead = 0; while (InternetReadFile(handle, buf, sizeof(buf), &dwRead) == TRUE) { if (dwRead == 0) break; cout << buf; } This works OK on valid sites, but since my server has a self signed certificate, it fails with error code 12045. I know the INTERNET_FLAG_IGNORE_CERT_CN_INVALID is technically looking for hostname mismatches, and not invalid CA's.

Any help would be appreicated.

Thanks,

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
270 Like 36 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

problem with php server update from mid 2009
Hi,

I have this navigation menu on 2 websites which used to work just fine. After a recent up

Page not Loading After Test
Hey All

It seemed that an inlcude statement wasn't working for some reason, so I tried a more

Simpler method of getting variables from mysql
Hi Guys,

I'm trying to streamline my CMS's code and as I was writing a new page it occured to

strtotime issue
Hey all,

I'm playing around with some code, and basically the idea is:

Person changes

Need Successful Return
Hello I am currently working a form here, and I have everything figured out except when I click the

Pipe email to PHP - get mail adress from MySQL - send?
Hi all,

this is the challenge:

1) Our faculty at the college where I'm employed includ

BB_Code error
I'm having a problem with a custom built function and keep getting this error:

Warning: M

remove trailing slash from array
I have the following array which contains trailing slashes I need to remove. What is the best way to

Help with writing "$" with fopen
I just can't get my syntax correct. Could someone help me please? I am trying to write a connect fil

Amend code to allow multiple attachments
Hi

I have a php page that allows the user to browse to a file (image) then sumbit, the confi

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash