InternetOpenUrl() Invalid cert

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi all,

Does anyone know how to prevent calls to InternetOpenUrl() from failing with error 12045 (ERROR_INTERNET_INVALID_CA)? I have the following code below:

Code: HINTERNET IntOpen = ::InternetOpen(L"Sample", LOCAL_INTERNET_ACCESS, NULL, 0, 0); HINTERNET handle = ::InternetOpenUrl(IntOpen, L"https://192.168.1.10/file.txt", NULL, NULL, INTERNET_FLAG_IGNORE_CERT_CN_INVALID, NULL); if (handle == NULL) { cout << "Error opening URL, " << GetLastError(); return 1; } char buf[1024]; DWORD dwRead = 0; while (InternetReadFile(handle, buf, sizeof(buf), &dwRead) == TRUE) { if (dwRead == 0) break; cout << buf; } This works OK on valid sites, but since my server has a self signed certificate, it fails with error code 12045. I know the INTERNET_FLAG_IGNORE_CERT_CN_INVALID is technically looking for hostname mismatches, and not invalid CA's.

Any help would be appreicated.

Thanks,

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
270 Like 36 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Progress bar for webpage
Hi,
I want to implement a progress/waiting bar on my webpage - exactly the same thing that the Mi

UL and LI Add Form
The idea I want here is when the user click on a character name from the drop down select bar at the

problem in pagination when processing with selectbox form
Hi,

I have a search form, with select boxes, if am selecting the value from the form, it work

retrieving images from mysql database using php
So I've been trying to figure out how to store images in a mysql database, and as far as i can tell

newbie question about multiple queries
hi everyone,
I'm sorry to ask such a basic question, but I'm young and trying to learn php on my

how to get sn motherboard
Hello.
I want to get serial number motherboard, cpu and else hardware.
Can You show me sam

Convert Binary String to Decimal
Trying to Get:
Decimal: 305419896

Out of:
Binary String: xV4

Combining refCursors and Summing
Given the following DDL:

CREATE TABLE FOODSALESTEST ("WEEKNBR" NUMBER, "ST

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output sta
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/praylif

Modal Popup Help
Hi guys, I have a modal popup with an iframe. How can i send data from a label or textbox to the ifr

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash