How to show next and prev records


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi all,

Sorry if this is simple, i'm very new to php, well, any programming language actually.

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
My code runs a query and comes back with the results. Very rarely there may be more than one result.

I have added the code that I think should enable me to go to the next and previous records but it is not working. I have tried lots of different bits of code so now its all over the shop!

Can you help please?

Jamie
Code: [Select]<?php
//run ext query
require("conf.php");
{
$udf_form = $_POST['udf'];

$extract = mysql_query ("SELECT * FROM cy_equ WHERE udf = '$udf_form' LIMIT 1 ");
$numrows = mysql_num_rows ($extract);

while ($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($extract))
{
$id = $row['id'];
$equ = $row['equ'];
$ext = $row['ext'];
$udf = $row['udf'];
$udf2 = $row['udf2'];
$udf3 = $row['udf3'];

$next = $udf + 1;
$prev = $udf - 1;

}

}

$next = $udf_form + 1;
$prev = $udf_form - 1;



?>

<div class="boxextqry">
<h3> UDF Query </h3>
<form name="form1" method="post" action="../index1.php?page=udfsearch">
<p> Input UDF: <input type="number" name="udf" size="1" maxlength="4"/></p>


<p> ID = <font color="red"><?php echo $id; ?> </font> </p>
<p> EXT = <font color="red"><?php echo $ext; ?> </font> </p>
<p> EQU = <font color="red"><?php echo $equ; ?> </font></p>
<p> UDF = <font color="red"><?php echo $udf; ?> </font></p>
<p> UDF2 = <font color="red"><?php echo $udf2; ?> </font></p>
<p> UDF3 = <font color="red"><?php echo $udf3; ?> </font></p>

<p><input type="submit" name="submit" value="GET DATA"/></p>
<p><input type="submit" name="udf[<?php echo $next?>]" value="NEXT"/></p>
<p><input type="submit" name="udf[<?php echo $prev?>]" value="PREV"/></p>

</form>

</div>
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
214 Like 27 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Exporting new records
Trying to figure out the best way to set this up.

People register my site.

Their prof

help connecting a form to php and then emailing the form
Ok. So, I made a form, and I need help to where when submitted, I get an email with the submitted de

radio button reamains checked
Hello i'm trying to keep the state off my radio buttons so it shows which ones where clicked after t

Email Form Syantax Issue 2
How to make this look FROM:"OUR TEAM" instead of FROM:abc@mail.com

$headers = "

GET * FROM _____ Except?
I have a site that is for stock photography.

This section of the code calls images to display

C++ Http request?
Code: string Response = "LOGIN_UNSUCCESSFUL"; System.Net.WebRequest request = Sy

limit string by words??
hello all,

I was wonder if there is a function to limit a string by the number of words inste

Date Format
Hi there,

I have a date format like this right now:
Sat, 17 Oct 2009 17:04:00

I ne

Nested (echoed) php running wrong script
Got a problem with a php website I'm creating.

In a nutshell, the first page is entirely html

Simple image grab script.
I was wondering if it was possible and if anyone knew how to make a simple php script that looks at

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash