LSB (PHP 5.3) problem with static value!

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

hello,

i'm having a problem. static::$text variable gets lost at some point. can someone please correct and explain it to me?
Line number On/Off| Expand/Contract <?phpclass A { protected static $text; public static function init($one = '', $two = '') { $obj = new self; $obj->one = $one; $obj->two = $two; $obj->static_text = static::$text; return $obj; } public function output_text() { echo 'here shoult be some static text: ' . static::$text; }} class B extends A { protected static $text = 'this is a static text under php 5.3';} $b = B::init('first', 'second'); echo "first: {$b->one}
second: {$b->two},
static text: {$b->static_text}<hr>"; //prints out the static_text $b->output_text(); //doesn't print out the static::text value echo '<hr>'; B::output_text(); //prints out static::$text value?>

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
85 Like 40 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

listcube issue
Hi
I have a virtual cube ZREMOTE. I use Tcode "listcube" to retrieve contents. I use of the

PHP & Java
Hello,

can PHP code be used inside java code?

Code: [Select]<SCRIPT LANGUAGE=&q

A WBS element with the name XXX already exists in version FREI_VERSION
Hi.
When I am trying to insert WBS element in a project, error occurs:

"A WBS eleme

Operating System
How in PHP or other language can I detect Operating system, ie Windows XP Home, Windows 7 Ultimate,

Add code to enable passing of checkbox variable on login
Ok, I have a login page, but want to add a checkbox that when checked and successful login is made i

re calling a function without including file
Hi,
i am new to programming in php, i was just checking the wordpress code and found out in the w

Warning message
I've put a website that I was doing live and I'm getting this warning message when I try to add a ne

How to get all server headers like Live http Headers does
Hey all, like many of you I use the Firefox addon "Live http Headers". I'm trying to write

explode() function problem maybe
Hi I'm having trouble searching my database. When I type two words in the search field it only searc

TCP Sending Unsigned Char...
Hi...

I want to send over tcp/ip some data, i have the data in hexadecimal, and when i tr

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash