Sort Alternative/bi-monthly


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi all,

Am going mad trying to get something to work.

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
I'm creating a CMS for a magazine. The magazine is published every 2 months and therefore the edition is nov-dec or jan-feb etc.

I've an archive option on the site and rather than listing:
dec
nov
oct
sept etc

I'd like to follow the magazine editions:
nov-dec
sept-oct

The code I have so far is:


echo '<p>Sort By:</p>';

$year = date("Y"); //get the current year
$startDate = "1 january".$year; // set the end date to current year
function printMonths($var)
{

$start = strtotime($var); //timestamp of the entered date
$now = strtotime("Now"); //timestamp of now so it does not write anything in the future
while ($now > $start) //while the start is less than now
{
echo '<a href="news_archive.php?s=&id=' . get_id() . '&month=' . date("F", $now) .'">'.date("F", $now).'</a>';
echo " | ";
$now = strtotime("-1 month", $now); // subtract a month from the start timestamp
}
}
printMonths($startDate); //execute the function

this works well listing the months from the current month back. But this is not what I need. If I alter the line

$now = strtotime("-1 month", $now);

to

$now = strtotime("-2 month", $now);

It starts in Nov and goes back to sept which is not right. It also doesn't show nov-dec etc.

Any help on this is much appreciated
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
92 Like 16 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

php code generators
All

Whilst enjoying learning a new language i have come accross a number of free code generat

FlashVar function how to insert variables
Hi guys. Im new in this forum and also new in php programming. Can you help me about this code?
<

phpMailer will not connect using SMTP
I am trying to use phpMailer with smtp:

Code: [Select]$mailer = new PHPMailer();
$mailer-&

how to transport the Query and insfoset
Hi

I have created the query using SQ01........
How to created T-code for query..

Comparing MySql data and arrays.
I have a mysql table set up like this:
idsubjectbodyuseriddatetimetags1blog subjectblog body111|2

update sql when refresh - php
hi
I have made a table (attachement)

the users can update the sql database using + or x bu

onClick='location.href=index.htm'> not working
Below is my code:

echo "<input type='button' value='redirect' onClick='location.h

Preventing SQL Injection
I have a question about SQL Injection, In some of our code we use this: view plaincopy to clipboa

PHP code needed to get/post form fields and request mysql query results.
I'm new to PHP

I've created an html form to allow the user to request a basic telephone dire

help with variable
I've got a problem, i want to echo some images depending on the $id, however for me to get that id i

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash