PHP & Images [Resize, Crop, Save]

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hey! Well I have a little dilema, hoping I could find some guidance.

I have a CMS and on the actual website I am building I have a nice little slideshow script that runs through all the images in a certain directory. The dimensions of the slideshow are 900x250. (Obviously not all images come in this size straight from the camera so I need a little resize crop and save script to do this for the user)

I would like the 'admin' to be able to upload an image (or more than one at the same time, if it's not much more hard work) and then PHP simply takes over from there. At which point the images would be resized to 900px in width (keeping the aspect ratio) and then cropped to take the middle 250px out. then this image is saved in "images/slideshow" as a 900x250 pixel image? The format it is saved in isn't that much of a problem.

Thanks a lot in advance! Any guidance is appreciated!

For example, this image:
http://thewalkingtree.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/children-1.jpg

Would become:
http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/4315/kidsl.png

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
180 Like 46 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Problem with DB connection
Hello there! I'm new to this forum and I'm new to PHP coding also. I wrote something that doesn't ma

Multipe Dynamic Controls & AutoPostback Issue
I currently have a need to create many dynamic controls (Example Textboxes) that need to do a PostBa

System copy error in RUN ABAP REPORT PHASE
Hi,
I am performing system copy on my test server. I have previously taken export of JAVA + A

SAP Management Console is blank
Dear All ,

I am facing problem in my des sever suddely in SAP Management Console is blank and

how to read and write into a word document using php...?
hi,
I need,reading and writting into a word document using php.

Thank u inadva

Display certain image depending on time of year
Hi, I am new to these forums and would really appreciate some advice on a piece of coding I have don

How to load mysql (and other) extensions into PHP
How to load mysql (and other) extensions into PHP PHP Development forum discussing coding practices,

Quick variable question
hey guys/gals,
im trying to write a php script and it works fine as i have it, but i need to set

does anyone know a php script to send mail using gmails/googles free smtp server
cause i heard u can do that but i dont know how

dinamic "textboxes"?
Ey all, my first post here, i hope its not a hard one

I display mysql results in a table

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash