PHP & Images [Resize, Crop, Save]


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hey! Well I have a little dilema, hoping I could find some guidance.

I have a CMS and on the actual website I am building I have a nice little slideshow script that runs through all the images in a certain directory. The dimensions of the slideshow are 900x250. (Obviously not all images come in this size straight from the camera so I need a little resize crop and save script to do this for the user)

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
I would like the 'admin' to be able to upload an image (or more than one at the same time, if it's not much more hard work) and then PHP simply takes over from there. At which point the images would be resized to 900px in width (keeping the aspect ratio) and then cropped to take the middle 250px out. then this image is saved in "images/slideshow" as a 900x250 pixel image? The format it is saved in isn't that much of a problem.

Thanks a lot in advance! Any guidance is appreciated!

For example, this image:
http://thewalkingtree.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/children-1.jpg

Would become:
http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/4315/kidsl.png
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
180 Like 46 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

problem with script manager
Hi iam using Net.2005.I have created ajax enabledwebsite.i have master page in which i have script m

SESSION CHECK WORKS "MOST" of the time... whats going on?
i have a sign in check thats included in every page that is a members only page which is basically a

Recording popularity by day, week.. all time?
Hey everyone, I'm creating a site designed around users uploading music. How can I implement a syste

Ajax Issues - Update Panel / Timer. Intellisense doesn't know about them
Type 'System.Web.UI.ScriptManager' does not have a public property named 'UpdatePanel'. That is wha

Progress bar tracking file downloads
Hey guys, was wondering if there was a way to track how far a file has been downloaded. I know there

browse folder only
hi,
is there a way i can browse or get the directory or folder only and not the file?
i just w

Random Number Generation And Probability
Hello, I am working on a function which has to insert data into a SQL table.

we have to suppl

Setting/Modify Headers using mail() function
I have a question about setting email headers when using mail() in a php script.

When I send

Undefined Variable: PHP_SELF, pls help
Hi,

Im a newbie on PHP / MySQL programming and Im running a script to search one field on my

Somebody hacked into my site and changed coding >>> URGENT HELP NEEDED <<<
I am not that much into programming , but somebody is hacking to my site and injecting some kind of

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash