I face problems to extract data from one table and insert it in another one


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi,

For modifications, I have to extract data from one table and insert it in another one, after this I have to get the new id from the second table and place it in the first table.

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
More or less, it should be so:

For every record loop
select law_item from table_one;
insert law_item into table_two;
insert into table one(law_id) values(table_two_sequence.currval);
End loop;

I saw (and I tried) many thing on Internet... (as type, bulk collect...) but did not succeeded in it.
Does anybody have a solution ?

Thank you in advance
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
115 Like 49 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Character increment
Hi,

I am facing a scenario like above,but in my case i want to show up like Col A,Col B etc..

array_combine() error
getting an "Warning: array_combine() [function.array-combine]: Both parameters should have an e

how to transport the Query and insfoset
Hi

I have created the query using SQ01........
How to created T-code for query..

Uploading/Downloading files stored in MySQL database
Hey all,

This problem just came up in my website and I'm having a hard time figuring out what

Not Loading Function Into Div
I'm not sure whether to put this under the php forum or ajax forum but because I tink it's more of a

PHP Login
Hey!
I got this shopcart code online, am trying to modify it but am getting an error when i try a

PHP Code To Change Font Color in Table Cell
I would appreciate help with the following snippet of my php code. I am just trying to change the f

Query failed issue with php script but works fine in mssql manager!
hi i have the script below which copies data from one table to another but will only insert new data

Navigation include for all site directories
Hi,

I need a navigation include that can deal with directories at different levels on a site.

very easy question about SQL info
Hello,
I think that I have a very easy question.
I know how to create a form using php SQL and

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash