Probably a simple error...


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

I'm getting the error -- Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '{' in /home/content/c/s/t/csteffen242/html/staples/event.php on line 46

I checked it over and couldn't find anything wrong with an extra bracket, but I could easily be missing something simple

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
Code: <html>
<head>
<title>Show/Add Events</title>
</head>
<body>
<h1>Show/Add Events</h1>
<?php
$mysqli = mysqli_connect ---

//add new event
if ($_POST) {
$m = $_POST["m"];
$d = $_POST["d"];
$y = $_POST["y"];

$event_date = $y."-".$m."-".$d." ".$_POST["event_time_hh"].":
".$_POST["event_time_mm"].":00";
$insEvent_sql = "INSERT INTO calendar_events (event_title, event_shortdesc, event_start) VALUES ('".$_POST["event_title"]."', '".$_POST["event_shortdesc"]."', '$event_date')";
$insEvent_res = mysqli_query($mysqli, $insEvent_sql) or die(mysqli_error($mysqli));
} else {
$m = $_GET["m"];
$d = $_GET["d"];
$y = $_GET["y"];
}

//show events
$getEvent_sql = "SELECT event_title, event_shortdesc, date_format(event_start, '%1:%i %p') as fmt_date FROM calendar_events WHERE month(event_start) = '".$m."' AND dayofmonth(event_start) = '".$d."' AND year(event_start)= '".$y."' ORDER BY event_start";
$getEvent_res = mysqli_query($mysqli, $getEvent_sql) or die(mysqli_error($mysqli));

if (mysqli_num_rows($getEvent_res) > 0) {
$event_txt = "<ul>";
while ($ev = @mysqli_fetch_array($getEvent_res)) {
$event_title = stripslashes($ev["event_title"]);
$fmt_date = $ev["fmt_date"];
$event_txt .= "<li><strong>".$fmt_date."</strong>:
".$event_title."</br>".$event_shortdesc."</li>";
}
$event_txt .= "</ul>";
mysqli_free_result($getEvent_res);
} else {
$event_txt = "";
}
mysqli_close($mysqli);

if ($event_txt != "" {
echo "<p><strong>Today's Events:</strong></p>
$event_txt
<hr/>";
}

//show form
echo "
<form method="post" action="".$_SERVER["PHP_SELF"]."">
<p><strong>Would you like to add an event?</strong><br/>
Complete the form below and press the submit button to add an event</p>
<p><strong>Event Title:</strong><br/>
<input type="text" name="event_title" size="25" maxlength="25" />
<p><strong>Event Title:</strong><br/>
<input type="text" name="event_shortdesc" size="25" maxlength="255" />
<p><strong>Event Time (hh:mm):</strong><br/>
<select name="event_time_hh">";
for ($x=1; $x <= 24; $x++) {echo "<option value="$x">$x</option>";
}
echo "</select> :

<select name="event_time_mm">
<option value="00">00</option>
<option value="00">15</option>
<option value="00">30</option>
<option value="00">45</option>
</select>
<input type="hidden" name="m" value="".$m."">
<input type="hidden" name="d" value="".$d."">
<input type="hidden" name="y" value="".$y."">
<br/><br/>
<input type="submit" name="submit" value="Add Event">
</form>";
?>
</body>
</html>
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
283 Like 41 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

ScriptResource.axd gives an error on fresh install of ASP.NET Ajax 1.0
Hello,I have a fresh install of Microsoft ASP.NET Ajax 1.0. When I create an Ajax enabled website in

Buggy registration system
Hey, I just started scripting in PHP, and I ran into a few problems.
Code: <?php
includ

Why is this function returning a false value when it shouldn't be??
This is in an include file. I want it to check a value in an html form and see if it's just white s

Display the user's weight lost in the past week
Hello everyone,

I am working on a weight loss app for my site, and I want to display the user

How to pass parameter to tag query?
Hi,
I want to get the value of a tag at a specific time (like 10/27/09 15:29:59), I need to giv

Problem displaying "scraped" XML data
I'm basicly having trouble displaying XML data scraped from an URL using cURL.

What the code

my login script page is not working on remote computers
hi my login is working on my computer, but when i tried 2 computers from 2 different locations, they

How to calculate days from variable date?
This will be easy for one of you gurus. I want to fetch the date from a variable date, for example:<

Internal Server Error issues
This has been bothering me for weeks and I've been trying to solve it without asking for help, but e

php wont update my db
hello,

sorry for posting in mysql forum but i dont know where exactly is the problem but here

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash