Problems generating word documents on server side for security reasons


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

I have a problem with word documentation generation when generating a word document (docx) with PHP. I am doing this for security reasons, as I do not want people to be able to directly access a file with urls, so I store the files above the web root and they are generated on the server side on demand. Here is my code for manually testing file generation of a .docx file ( a Word 2007 file ):

$path = "../../uploads_productionization/file_for_category_1_tab_2/adsfdafds.docx

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
// We'll be outputting a docx
header( 'Content-type: application/vnd.openxmlformats & -officedocument.wordprocessingml.document.main+xml');

// It will be called downloaded.docx
header('Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="downloaded.docx"');

// The word source is in adsfdafds.docx
readfile($path);


When I execute this code, ie when I manually generate a docx file, I get two error messages:

"The Open Office XML document cannot be opened because there are problems with the contents"
Details: "File is corrupt and cannot be opened"

Next message:
"Word found unreadable content in downloaded.docx. Do you want to recover the contents of this document? If so, please click Yes"

When I click Yes on the second message, the document opens. Sometimes the file is okay, sometimes it isn't when there are pictures and formatting and so on and so forth.

Anyone have a solution for this problem? Been trying to get around this for at least a week...

P.S. All other files, PDFs, text files, work fine.. I think it's just office documents.
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
214 Like 22 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

single page with referrer to show correct page
I have a simple website with a couple of different pages. I would like to be able to in a div tag w

reading partial code from external site
Hi,

I am trying to write a script for my website to get an article from an external website.

Specific name typed, specific image shown on html page
Hello,

Fairly new to PHP and was curious if someone might know how to solve a fairly simple r

How do I give a developer access to a specific directory and nothing else?
I want to give a develop access to a specific directory and nothing else

I can give them an F

Database connection failure
Hello All,

I am trying to create new connection to Oracle DB 10.1,
I could not see a

Help, Base64 encoding url and decoding server side.
Hello everyone, i have a website with videos and games and also provide an embed code which people c

problems with script
I made a small script wich exchanges points in my website:


<?php
session_start

DateTimeZone::listIdentifiers headache
http://php.net/manual/en/datetimezone.listidentifiers.php


So the documentation states tha

calendar dates and hours compare problem
i have a calendar in wordpress, everything works great except that i can make 2 meetings at the same

New to Arrays
Hi I am new to PHP (a week and a half now) and I am just beginning to read about arrays. I understan

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash