Problems generating word documents on server side for security reasons

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

I have a problem with word documentation generation when generating a word document (docx) with PHP. I am doing this for security reasons, as I do not want people to be able to directly access a file with urls, so I store the files above the web root and they are generated on the server side on demand. Here is my code for manually testing file generation of a .docx file ( a Word 2007 file ):

$path = "../../uploads_productionization/file_for_category_1_tab_2/adsfdafds.docx

// We'll be outputting a docx
header( 'Content-type: application/vnd.openxmlformats & -officedocument.wordprocessingml.document.main+xml');

// It will be called downloaded.docx
header('Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="downloaded.docx"');

// The word source is in adsfdafds.docx
readfile($path);

When I execute this code, ie when I manually generate a docx file, I get two error messages:

"The Open Office XML document cannot be opened because there are problems with the contents"
Details: "File is corrupt and cannot be opened"

Next message:
"Word found unreadable content in downloaded.docx. Do you want to recover the contents of this document? If so, please click Yes"

When I click Yes on the second message, the document opens. Sometimes the file is okay, sometimes it isn't when there are pictures and formatting and so on and so forth.

Anyone have a solution for this problem? Been trying to get around this for at least a week...

P.S. All other files, PDFs, text files, work fine.. I think it's just office documents.

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
214 Like 22 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Problem related to Creation of PDF File?
Hi All,
I am facing a problem related to creation pdf file. when I am creating a pdf file of do

include
Hi I have this way of licensing my PHP application, and I want to know if you guys can answer some q

PHP4 to PHP5 Conversion
Hi Everyone,

I am working on a site that is built up on PHP4 and each page is being started f

Material Issuing for receiving batch
Dear All experts in MM/ PP,

Material issuing from main stores to factory is currently usi

Storing Values taken from a DB...
Using this code it will generate a short list from my database

<?php
mysql_connect

Reg Ex
Im trying to search for the string: srv_9 (Dead ???)

I thought to use preg_match, however I d

I think i'm using the syntax incorrectly
Hi Everyone!

I'm new to this forum and a newbie with PHP - I'm glad I found this site - I hop

ldap connection
We are using ldap to get user information from the domain controller. It was working before. Recentl

Create or replace package is ending ORA-21700
Database 9.2.0., patch 8 (9.2.0.8.0).
I trying run
create or replace package ....etc.

Question handling xml data
Hello,

I have sucessfull followed this tutorial
http://www.phpfreaks.com/tutorial/handlin

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash