Quick Syntax Question


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi folks,

I'm getting the following error: "unexpected T_LNUMBER". I'm trying to build a dynamic table in PHP it was working great until I attempted to include a java reference in one of my links. A watered down version of the code is as follows:

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
Code: $apps_html = '<table>';
$apps_html.= '<tr class="tableHeader">';
$apps_html.= '<th scope="col">VIEW</th>';
$apps_html.= '<th scope="col">TITLE</th>';
$apps_html.= '<th scope="col">DATE MODIFIED</th>';
$apps_html.= '<th scope="col">STATUS</th>';
$apps_html.= '<th scope="col">EDIT</th>';
$apps_html.= '<th scope="col">DELETE</th>';
$apps_html.= '</tr>';
$apps_html.= '<tr class="tablerow2">';
$apps_html.= '<td><a href="link.php">view</a></td>';
$apps_html.= '<td>' . $var1 . '</td>';
$apps_html.= '<td>' . $var2 . '</td>';
$apps_html.= '<td>' . $var3 . '</td>';
if($var1 == 'PENDING'){
$apps_html.= '<td><a href="delete.php">delete</a></td>';
}else{
$apps_html.= '<td><a href="window.html" onclick="popUp(this.href,'200','400'); return false;"></a></td>';
}
$apps_html.= '</tr>';
$apps_html.= '</table>';
The document body looks something like this:
Code: <html>
<head>
<title>I hate java</title>
</head>
<body>
<?php echo $apps_html; ?>
</body>
</html>

The problem is with this line obviously:
Code: $apps_html.= '<td><a href="window.html" onclick="popUp(this.href,'200','400'); return false;"></a></td>';
Can anyone help me with the correct syntax to include java variables in my href? Thanks for your time!
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
68 Like 18 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Extract specific information from a PHP Multidimensional Array
Howdy! I've racked my brain over this for 24 hours now. I think it's time I asked for help. I'm lear

if php cookie set, show code...
Hi all.. I need to figure out this little snippet right quick.. seems like it should be easy enough

Mastering Regular Expressions, Third Edition, is available.
The Third Edition of Mastering Regular Expressions is available.

QuoteThis third edition is 5

Redirecting Admin
In my members table, I have a field called "perm" and it's set to zero for all members. Ho

Multiple submit forms inside a mysql array page
Hi all,

Im having trouble to get the beneath script to work the thing i can't seem to get wor

Looping Problem
I've got a client that has a database with about 200 events at any given time. I'm trying to loop t

Logic question
im wondering what's the best method to do the above list:

it is for alliance @ MMORPG game

Strange array issue, never happened before.
mysql_fetch_array returns 1 array per call. Generally that's why it is inserted into a while statem

Retail terminologys not been altered after activing Retail System
Hi, All

After I active Retail System via TCode SWF5, the terms does not been changed, th

Using mysql_real_escape_string for displayed content
On my website users can input data into a textarea and it will store it in the mysql database. But,

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash