Retreiving objects from Sessions


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi all,

I am getting really frustrated with storing and retreiving objects from a session. But it may be because of my lack of knowledge in sessions
First some system specs:
Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.

OS - Vista Home 32bit
Webserver - IIS 7
PHP - PHP 5.2.11

php.ini
session.auto_start = 1

So, when I decide to store an object array in the session, it works just fine. I can also retrieve it from the session but with an extra attribute mentioning: "__PHP_Incomplete_Class_Name" with the value of the Object Name.

Code when I try to retrieve object from session:

Code: $hits = $_SESSION['hitsArray']; // Array of MyObject
AMethodThatDoesSomething($hits[0]); // Requires MyObject Type

And this is where it fails:
I get following information in the debugger:


__PHP_Incomplete_Class_Name | MyObject
Attribute 1 | A value
Attribute 2 | Another Value
....And so on....


Ok, so I did some research and found out objects do not work if you have "session.auto_start = 1" in php.ini
AND that you need to add following line above your session_start():

Code:
require_once("MyObject.php");
session_start();
header("Cache-control: private");
session_register('hitsArray'); // Array of MyObject
$_SESSION['hitsArray'] = $hits; // Store into session

So, I changed "session.auto_start = 0" in php.ini and added the required line above. Well then it didn't even store my object array in the session in the first place!

Now I feel that I am stumbling in the dark and hope for someone to be able to help me in my ordeal!
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
246 Like 49 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Stats of viewers
Hello. I have a website in php and people can login. I want to make an admin control panel where u c

Functions Not Loading Into Div
I had some help doing some of this but what I'm trying to do is get my functions to retrieve its val

How to convert this array to string
I am having problems converting this array to a string
using print_r($val[1]); I get:
Code: [

Combining Two Queries
I have two scripts that each work fine by themselves. One is a search script with a variable that de

pull content
I have an existing page, domain/adverts.php which has a good PR. I've just rebuilt my site and the n

Beginners syntax and loop questions - help please!
Hi everyone,

I have some problems with php code. I'm currently in the middle of learning php,

firefox wouldnt stream mp3 files completely from my php page
hi everyone,
I have a php file trying to read and stream mp3 files. It works fine in IE but my pr

Request-URI Too Large
I have created a simple submit form for a mysql database that puts a piece of code into database.<

Better Method of a Member Cloud
I assume most people know how tag clouds work, where the tags most used are bigger and the least use

Help Import Animoto and Youtube
CAn someone help me urgently want to allow users on my website to import youtube/revver/dailymotion

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash